Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: "You have been positively identified" without ever turning on transponder  (Read 3052 times)

cptshitacular

• Ensign
    • View Profile

every faction has somehow gained the ability to automatically ID my fleet regardless of the transponder.

Prior to making some advancement in the main storyline, this was not happening. Only now that I've finished (I think) with the Gates and gone back to doing occasional station raids, I'm seeing that all of the factions instantly know it's me. I went ahead with combat despite the warning to see if it was a false positive, but it wasn't, and they all end up going completely hostile immediately afterward as if i had turned on my transponder.

I have no idea what caused this except that it has to be something in the main storyline.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile

every faction has somehow gained the ability to automatically ID my fleet regardless of the transponder.

Prior to making some advancement in the main storyline, this was not happening. Only now that I've finished (I think) with the Gates and gone back to doing occasional station raids, I'm seeing that all of the factions instantly know it's me. I went ahead with combat despite the warning to see if it was a false positive, but it wasn't, and they all end up going completely hostile immediately afterward as if i had turned on my transponder.

I have no idea what caused this except that it has to be something in the main storyline.

It does indeed have to do with the storyline. Story spoilers ahead
Spoiler
Fleets will immediately recognize you no matter the status of your transponder if you got the Ziggurat in your fleet. It supposedly has to do with the Motes it disperses even outside combat that show through your fleet's drive bubble (effectively meaning it does not matter if it's a phase ships if it leaves traces of itself over your whole fleet signature) and are unique across the entire sector, effectively making your fleet fly around with a big "Hello, it's me ya boi" over it.
[close]

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

cptshitacular

• Ensign
    • View Profile

It does indeed have to do with the storyline. Story spoilers ahead
Spoiler
Fleets will immediately recognize you no matter the status of your transponder if you got the Ziggurat in your fleet. It supposedly has to do with the Motes it disperses even outside combat that show through your fleet's drive bubble (effectively meaning it does not matter if it's a phase ships if it leaves traces of itself over your whole fleet signature) and are unique across the entire sector, effectively making your fleet fly around with a big "Hello, it's me ya boi" over it.
[close]

Thanks for the explanation; can it be "laundered" via selling and rebuying it from a port so it would look like it changed hands, or is the IDing absolute

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile

IDing is absolute.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile

IDing is absolute.
Unless of course you use console commands and this code
Spoiler
Code
runcode for (FleetMemberAPI member : Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getFleetData().getMembersListCopy()) {
  if (member.getVariant().hasTag("ship_unique_signature")) {
    member.getVariant().removeTag("ship_unique_signature");
  }
}
[close]
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too