Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Impossible to see space station status?  (Read 870 times)

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
Impossible to see space station status?
« on: April 25, 2021, 10:25:26 AM »

I'm doing a mission where I need to disrupt a space station for at least 60 days.

The problem is, I have no idea how to check to see if the space station is disrupted, or when the disruption is expected to end.

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Impossible to see space station status?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 01:05:16 PM »

Okay,

I've managed to complete the mission. I found the experience to be very intuitive. Upon a successful raid, one of the messages reported the minimum duration of the disruption. I thought I needed to keep launching additional successful raids, to ensure that the station remained disrupted for 60 days.

I didn't understand that I needed to disrupt the station for 60 days from a single raid. I also found the disruption screen (where you select what you want to disrupt) to be a bit vague - the numbers in the columns don't really make sense to me.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 01:28:33 PM »

Destroying a station in combat will disrupt it for 60 or 90 days (don't remember which). Might be easier than raiding depending on the size of the station.

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 01:33:47 PM »

In the conversation with the person giving me the mission, he said he didn't want any destruction. I took this to mean I needed to accomplish the mission though a raid.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 06:34:49 PM »

Is this disrupting a space station or a spaceport?

One unclear thing I've seen bite someone is not knowing you can assign more marine icons to a target to disrupt it for longer.

As for seeing the current disruption state of industries, look at the market info screen when docked with it.

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 08:50:53 PM »

I'm not sure of the difference between space station, and space port...

It was a pirate station. Also, another reason why I thought a raid was necessary: the intel screen told me an estimated number of required marines needed to complete the mission.

I noticed that there were some marine icons on the screen where I was selecting my target for disruption - I had no idea I could add more marines!