Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Automated" Hull Mod  (Read 2102 times)

Lilly112

• Ensign
    • View Profile
"Automated" Hull Mod
« on: April 24, 2021, 05:35:15 AM »

I don't know if messing around with the game files counts as Modding but here we go...

Where is the Automaed Hull Mod file? I've looked everywhere a hull mod should be, and a few places it shouldn't be. The ships acknowledge it exists, but the files don't have anything anywhere for me to look at.

Lord Sputnik

• Commander
  • "One Of Ours, Sir!" = Best ship name ever...
    • View Profile
Re: "Automated" Hull Mod
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 06:37:18 AM »

As far as I can tell, it is merely a label for a hullmod and not a true hullmod since it doesn't seem to do anything to the ship itself.  If you look in any of AI ships, you will see that they have a built-in hullmod called "automated" and it does not exist as a traditional hull mod.

What are you trying to do?  Make more ships automated or remove the automated hull mod from the AI ships?
ZeroGman

Self-proclaimed lord of Eos, lord of Magec, and lord of the dance.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
Re: "Automated" Hull Mod
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 11:34:27 AM »

Some hullmod scripts, such as the one for Automated Ship, can be found inside the API at com/fs/starfarer/api/impl/hullmods. It's included in a zip file in starsector-core.

As far as I can tell, it is merely a label for a hullmod and not a true hullmod since it doesn't seem to do anything to the ship itself.  If you look in any of AI ships, you will see that they have a built-in hullmod called "automated" and it does not exist as a traditional hull mod.
Yes and no. Some effects are triggered by code that looks for the hullmod's presence, like the ability to install AI cores as officers. It also has a few effects applied by the hullmod itself (zero crew, no transfer-command, CR penalty that Automated Ships skill compensates for)