Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: De-isolate a system?  (Read 645 times)

isyourmojofly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
De-isolate a system?
« on: April 24, 2021, 11:10:55 AM »

Hi,

I turned off the jumpholes in a system by running the *device* test. I'd like to colonise a few of the planets, but I can't. I know some people would just live with it, but in this case I would really like to get that system back.

I figured out how to re-enable the jump points (remove the $unstable tag from the jump point entries), but when I get to the planet I'm given a dialogue that says "no can do, jump points no work". So somewhere there's a flag that says the jump points are off, but I can't find it.

Help much appreciated!

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: De-isolate a system?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 12:25:39 PM »

It would be nice if the unlucky system got its points operational again after some years.

Currently, I scourer the whole sector for the most remote and least desirable gate before I proceed.  In my current game, it was at the far lower right corner of the map with a bunch of worthless planets.

I turned off the jumpholes in a system by running the *device* test. I'd like to colonise a few of the planets, but I can't. I know some people would just live with it, but in this case I would really like to get that system back.
This is one where if I cannot reload the game, I consider it "Game Over" (game completely ruined) and start a new game.  Of course, I would simply reload and find another place to taint instead.