Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.95 RC14] Fuel Procurement, no recipient  (Read 668 times)

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
[0.95 RC14] Fuel Procurement, no recipient
« on: April 23, 2021, 03:50:20 PM »

In a bar discussion I accepted a Fuel Procurement mission from "senior executive Saturn Frye, affiliated with the independents". I think it was in Port Tse, or maybe Mairaath.

Looking at the left side of the intel screen, I can see in the list: "Go to Ailmar and contact Monday Elysium to arrange delivery" - 50 days to complete". But looking at the map, there is no marker pointing to Ailmar.

Then I went to Ailmar, in the Westernesse system, and did not see Monday Elysium.

Looks like the recepient "Monday Elysium" never was created by the game. If I abandon the mission, I loose 2 points of reputation with Saturn Frye, and 1 point of reputation with the independents. Not a big deal. I guess I'll save scum the next bar encounters in order to avoid another trap :P . I've had no issue with previous bounty missions nor delivery missions.

I quickly checked 10 or something planets/stations, but I did not find more Fuel Procurement missions. If I encounter another one in the future, I will try to reproduce the bug. That said, reading the notes for RC14, I spy the following:

Fixed issue with contacts offering local missions for both cheap sale and procurement of the same goods

I'm not sure this is related... maybe this change introduced a regression?

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95 RC14] Fuel Procurement, no recipient
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 05:34:32 AM »

Thank you for the report! Let'see, ... You wouldn't happen to have a savegame with this broken mission active would you? That'd be very handy to look into.

... But this may indeed be fixed. I'll make a note for Alex to double check that the patch note matches this report; I'm not sure myself.

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 03:35:51 PM »

I do, I just sent it as a 2.2 MB .zip file in an email to Fractal Softworks GMail address.

Instruction: just load the save and go to the intel screen, look at accepted missions.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 03:40:26 PM »

Thank you! I do believe this should be fixed in -RC15, btw. If you *do* manage to save-scum a situation where the mission is about to be accepted and yields no target NPC, that would be amazing in tracking something like this down, if it's still an issue. The "mission with missing NPC" - it verifies that there's a problem, but it's harder to track down why the NPC ... it was probably created, but I suspect it got removed as part of another mission aborting under the hood. At least, that's what the issue that was fixed was.

Ziljin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 01:30:18 AM »

I've also ran into the same problem today, a contact gave me a quest to procure 370 heavy machinery but there's no npc to deliver it, my game is modded but only with some small mods like changed portraits or speeding up time.

Kloranthy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 10:10:32 AM »

I have noticed that the missing npc will often have the same portrait as another npc at the planet.
is there any code meant to prevent repeated portraits that could be hiding the npc or something?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 10:47:45 AM »

This one's looking like it's fixed for the next release! It's triggered by a contact and the bar both offering the same mission.