Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Enemy fleets spawn too fast  (Read 1049 times)

DrSalty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Enemy fleets spawn too fast
« on: April 22, 2021, 10:01:58 AM »

Is it just me or do enemy fleets spawn too fast?

I'm trying to get rid of a damn Luddic Path base, and I can kill their fleets BUT i cant take the fleets AND the base station, so I have to kill of the fleet first. This is fine.

Whats not fine is that I hang around the base for like 5-10 days repairing only for a full strength huge new fleet to popup out of the station without any trouble on the AI's behalf. 5 days for a fleet easily with over 1mill out of a single station yeah no... this needs to be increased to like a month or more, not 5-10 days.

Razor Feather

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy fleets spawn too fast
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 01:35:41 PM »

You do have other ways to approach this scenario, like luring away the enemy fleet then sneaking behind it and attacking the station. You can also raid the station before another fleet spawns, which will lower the station's cr and stability, which will weaken its spawned fleets.

Honestly I kind of prefer the rapid respawns putting some pressure on you to push ahead and take on the base earlier than you may prefer, but I'm not going to dispute the current respawn rate being somewhat unreasonable from a realism perspective.

oooh_senpai

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 04:27:53 PM »

Is it just me or do enemy fleets spawn too fast?

I'm trying to get rid of a damn Luddic Path base, and I can kill their fleets BUT i cant take the fleets AND the base station, so I have to kill of the fleet first. This is fine.

Whats not fine is that I hang around the base for like 5-10 days repairing only for a full strength huge new fleet to popup out of the station without any trouble on the AI's behalf. 5 days for a fleet easily with over 1mill out of a single station yeah no... this needs to be increased to like a month or more, not 5-10 days.
I think i saw a fleet spawn time option in settings file. But it should affect all colonies, making them vulnerable to raids.

DrSalty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 08:53:56 PM »

You do have other ways to approach this scenario, like luring away the enemy fleet then sneaking behind it and attacking the station. You can also raid the station before another fleet spawns, which will lower the station's cr and stability, which will weaken its spawned fleets.

Yeah and this was my solution, but it meant save scumming to find the last possible day that they spawn, reload and wait till just before the spawn.