Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fighter Bays on Modules don’t count for carrier skill limits  (Read 646 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

For instance, if a ship has no or few Fighter Bays in the main hull, but several Fighter Bays on modules, you’re making off like a bandit.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fighter Bays on Modules don’t count for carrier skill limits
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 06:01:04 PM »

Hmm - this is actually a bit of a problem, since figuring this out exactly requires a MutableShipStatsAPI (with applied hull mod effects e.g. Converted Hangar), and that doesn't exist for station modules in the campaign. Offhand, not sure how to handle it. The most viable way would be to just count the base number of fighter bays that hull has and discount the effects of hullmods. I mean, CH is not installable on frigate-sized hulls anyway (which modules generally ought to be set to), so... hm.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 11:25:17 PM »

Hmm - this is actually a bit of a problem, since figuring this out exactly requires a MutableShipStatsAPI (with applied hull mod effects e.g. Converted Hangar), and that doesn't exist for station modules in the campaign. Offhand, not sure how to handle it. The most viable way would be to just count the base number of fighter bays that hull has and discount the effects of hullmods. I mean, CH is not installable on frigate-sized hulls anyway (which modules generally ought to be set to), so... hm.

I don't know of any modder who allows CH on ship modules.  I've certainly blocked it, even on modules that are, for the purposes of hullmod budgets and such, non-frigate-sized.

Teyren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Fighter Bays on Modules don%u2019t count for carrier skill limits
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 08:03:01 PM »

I don't know of any modder who allows CH on ship modules.  I've certainly blocked it, even on modules that are, for the purposes of hullmod budgets and such, non-frigate-sized.

I actually recall of one instance in The Galaxy Tigers mod where CH was allowed on two ship modules for The Kandorig, but they had a unique hullmod function which prevented any fighter replacement, so the fighters could only be used as "one-hit wonders". So it's certainly not common since I've seen no other instances of module CH besides this one.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 10:29:31 PM by Teyren »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 10:43:34 AM »

Ok - let me to it by just counting the base fighter bays of the hull for the modules, then. There; done.