Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Increase skills selection when level up an Officer.  (Read 835 times)

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
Increase skills selection when level up an Officer.
« on: April 22, 2021, 03:18:37 PM »

Is there a way to do it? I try to search for it in the settings. json but nihil. 4 selections of skill feel to restricting to especially when I no fighter bay capital officer get a skill that benefit the use of the fighter bay out of nowhere, I want more control of my officer skill.

There is a mod for it for 0.91a called "More Officer Skills" but the author haven't active since October 22, 2020.

I don't have the trade to make my own mod. I don't mind editing the game code itself if it what it takes.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Increase skills selection when level up an Officer.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 04:28:49 PM »

The story-point option to mentor an officer will give you six selections per level.

However, it does not remove the restriction that an officer cannot take both of given skill pair except at level six or seven - and, well, you can't level your own officers to seven, and even for level six there's no guarantee you'll be offered the skill you want.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
Re: Increase skills selection when level up an Officer.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 03:35:42 AM »

I don't have a problem with 5 skills or whatever that's not the problem, I just want more selection when I leveling up my officer similar to this. I know that now we have 4 selection when leveling up, but it's still so random for no good reason, I don't want carrier skill on my gunship capital officer, is there a way to increase it to 6 or 8 selection?

"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.