Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Limiting player options is the antithesis of a good sandbox game  (Read 17593 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Re: Limiting player options is the antithesis of a good sandbox game
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2021, 04:56:51 PM »

Before I start. Sorry. I'm being overly high strung about this. Sometimes I forget I'm in the Starsector forum and that people in here aren't actively being hostile or malicious, you clearly weren't. This post tells me you are putting real thought into your posts and I was reading into it incorrectly. Something I really need to be mindful of.

I can't disagree with this. I genuinely hope it being balanced out more and reworked will resolve the issues I'm having with it.

I choose to blame my demeaner on not even being able to get a haircut for 4+ months lol.

No worries I've been there too. :) And yeah being cooped up really sucks I agree!

@Sutopia
Ahh ok I understand I think.

I meant that skills compete with skills across attributes in the same tier not just with the side by side skill. So a t5 skill has 7 other skills to compete with it rather than 39 other skills in the old system.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2021, 05:42:38 PM »

@Sutopia
Ahh ok I understand I think.

I meant that skills compete with skills across attributes in the same tier not just with the side by side skill. So a t5 skill has 7 other skills to compete with it rather than 39 other skills in the old system.
That's also not true. For example, at a tier 4, the next choice can be a tier 5 OR another tier 1, or even arbitrary levels if other trees provide such opportunity. The way it currently structures have almost fixed player into choosing 3 tier 5s. As I stated, it greatly reduced the replayability of the game due to such system funneling player into very specific setups.

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=20854.0
As usual, noone gives a * about my suggestions.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2021, 10:11:05 PM »

Yeah I could definitely see that. I'm curious, does getting a Radiant and adding a core require story points?
Recovering a Radiant is like recovering any other ship. Putting a core in it doesn't require story points, but integrating it does. Integration adds one more skill, but makes core stuck in that ship.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]