Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Does Pather interest above 10 matter?  (Read 1149 times)

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Does Pather interest above 10 matter?
« on: April 21, 2021, 11:01:51 PM »

Pather cells seem to go active at 10 interest, is there any effect to raising their interest even more, like a higher frequency of sabotage attempts?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Does Pather interest above 10 matter?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 04:01:23 AM »

RC14 fixed cells to act as they did before 0.95a.

Cells appear once interest reaches 7.  When at 7, they may spawn as sleepers, but they will become active eventually.  At 8, they are always active.  At that point, it does not matter how much more interest you pile on, they will stay try to bomb your colony often enough.

If you want to avoid Pathers, either keep your interest at 6 or less, or do not let colony grow to size 4.

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 01:20:01 PM »

RC14 fixed cells to act as they did before 0.95a.

Cells appear once interest reaches 7.  When at 7, they may spawn as sleepers, but they will become active eventually.  At 8, they are always active.  At that point, it does not matter how much more interest you pile on, they will stay try to bomb your colony often enough.

If you want to avoid Pathers, either keep your interest at 6 or less, or do not let colony grow to size 4.
I'm pretty sure there is an additional check that prevents too many cells from being active at the same time and also one that checks the total interest against other colonies to determine which ones become active. I have a colony with 8 interest total from two special items and the cell is still sleeper. I also have two mod factions though that abuse ai cores heavily and they have 4 active cells between them + one active cell at culaan. Adding an ai core as admin makes the cell at my colony become active and it goes back to sleeper once I remove it.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 02:37:55 PM »

I think it's capped at 7% of the number of markets.