Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Tri-Tac Special Circumstances - V 0.8.1 02/18/24 - Nex/Nonex your choice  (Read 84160 times)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hello. Thanks for all your excellent mods :)
That is so nice to wake up to :)
The Caconomyl doesn't have the Phase Field hullmod as most phase ships do--is this intentional?
Ohh that big boy gets a lot of comments on Discord when TTSC is discussed. It is probably my most love/HATE ship to date :) I have planned some balancing for the Caconyml when TTSC gets around in the queue for updates so I'll check that when I do.
I love the rift beams, but they're broken OP. Not necessarily suggesting you "balance them"; it's your mod and all but maybe make them quest rewards? If you can even do that in Starsector. It's mostly the large mount ones that can get silly with energy weapons mastery and High Scatter Amplifier.
Speaking of most love/HATE... :) I like beams and I thought that Vanilla did not cover all the bases so when I set out to make a high-tech centric mod I knew I had to specialize in them. I thought to myself, would Tri-Tac just ignore captured omega weapons when they are the ones that developed the Remnant in the first place? A greedy corporation letting profits just sit on the table seemed a bit odd to me. Essentially TTSC are the spec ops division of Tri-Tac with cut out deniability when the Hegemony and Ludds come a calling. Now I already have a zillion custom weapons if you add up all my mods so I wanted a lore tie-in for TTSC. I married those ideas when I designed the vision for the mod. So I rather than make custom beam weapons for them it made internal lore sense to me that they would be the testing grounds for experimental "illegal?" versions of already existing weapons and hiding them in plain sight using the same weapon models every one else does.

Ok so I may have TLDR myself off topic there so I took a sip of coffee and focused up. With all that above in mind, when I looked at all the existing vanilla beams I found a lack in variety so I used the RIFT line to add a spicy kick. It was brought to my attention on multiple occasions that was a bad decision on many levels so in v0.7 I did "balance" them so they would not be as good as omega weapons. I will look them over again at some point but I want to stay true to my lore tie in while doing it so we'll see.
Also, sometimes I'm getting attacked by TTSC fleets that use ships from other factions primarily (mostly CFT); it seems to be designed that way since it'll have a parenthetical reference in the fleet name--nothing wrong with it, just curious if I'm hallucinating or not :)
TTSC is my aggressive (playable) faction, CFT and JYD are both neutralists. So they will actively hunt down anything they do not like and CFT, if left to their own rudder, will steer more toward Pirate and TTSC will pounce on them. So no you are not hallucinating, TTSC will scavenge other faction ships and use them. I just seems CFT in your game needs the reminder that they should not poke the bear. :)

steve1592

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So I like to add your mod to a campaign that is in progress with Nexerelin all factions spawn enabled. This way I get the weapons and ships without the market bloat. Unfortunetely, everytime I try to add your mod to a game in progress it crashes with this error. Specifically when I try to load a save.

Code
ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Fighter wing with id [drg_sheen] not found for faction [zea_dawn]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fighter wing with id [drg_sheen] not found for faction [zea_dawn]

Redownloaded and isolated it to just your mod. And the error is weird because zea_down is from knights of ludd. So maybe a crossmod conflict. I don't know.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 09:06:34 PM by steve1592 »

steve1592

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Actually I had an outdated HTE which I believe is the issue will test tomorrow.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

So I like to add your mod to a campaign that is in progress with Nexerelin all factions spawn enabled. This way I get the weapons and ships without the market bloat. Unfortunetely, everytime I try to add your mod to a game in progress it crashes with this error. Specifically when I try to load a save.

Code
ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Fighter wing with id [drg_sheen] not found for faction [zea_dawn]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fighter wing with id [drg_sheen] not found for faction [zea_dawn]

Redownloaded and isolated it to just your mod. And the error is weird because zea_down is from knights of ludd. So maybe a crossmod conflict. I don't know.

Actually I had an outdated HTE which I believe is the issue will test tomorrow.
I was about to post that drg_ is a high tech expansion prefix but you diagnosed that yourself. I would be curious if updating fixed your issue because I run all three mods in my game and have not come across a crash.

steve1592

• Ensign
    • View Profile

It works had to dig up the most recent version of HTE because I believe some mod requires drg_sheen fighter which only the most recent version of HTE has.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It works had to dig up the most recent version of HTE because I believe some mod requires drg_sheen fighter which only the most recent version of HTE has.
I am happy to hear you solved it. I am surprised a mod requires an asset from another mod w/out making it a dependency. Anyway, thanks for the update and have a fun time now you can play again! :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]