Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Option to disable the flashes of exploding ships?  (Read 977 times)

Drunkenslav

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Option to disable the flashes of exploding ships?
« on: April 20, 2021, 08:21:23 AM »

My friend is really enjoying the game but he is very photosensitive and when ships explode they create this blinding flash across the screen, it would be cool if there was option to disable that
or if someone could point me towards the files which affect that so i could mod it out myself, that would be very useful too

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
Re: Option to disable the flashes of exploding ships?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 08:29:48 AM »

Hello! Welcome to the forum by the way!

I too hated being flashbanged by the game as a reward for destroying an enemy battleship, so I followed this video!

I hope your photosensitive friend will now get to enjoy the game in all of its wonders and terrors without getting an Infinity Stone flashback every time  ::)

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Drunkenslav

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 09:04:14 AM »

I too hated being flashbanged by the game as a reward for destroying an enemy battleship, so I followed this video!

I hope your photosensitive friend will now get to enjoy the game in all of its wonders and terrors without getting an Infinity Stone flashback every time  ::)
Thank you so much!!!

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 03:40:04 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

Thank you so much!!!

No problem, make sure to thank the actual guy that made the video aswell if you got time, I'd hate to steal the spotlight  ;)
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.