Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bounty hunting is not worth it late game  (Read 3038 times)

Rhodok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Bounty hunting is not worth it late game
« on: April 20, 2021, 04:04:24 AM »

At that start of that game bounty are Worth that time and investment, but later on when that rewards are 100k 200k and up that risk is not worth that rewards.
Maybe that problem is bigger because of that enemy massive number of officers.
That problem start with that rewards being the cost of one ship being 200k, already just losing one of my ship  make it so that my job is just Charity for that universe safety from pirate.
One example, late game bounty hunting rewards was 400k and that enemy had 3 Paragon , 2 high tech Carrier and who know how many phase ships, and all of this make it so I miss bounty hunting contents.
Maybe i remember wrong but in older version of that game i know i was more active on bounty hunting even in late game.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 12:17:59 AM by Rhodok »

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Bounty hunting is not worth it mid/late game
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 09:12:34 AM »

200K bounties are: many ships, mediocre quality and average officers. They look menacing but that's it.

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 09:47:28 AM »

Guns and new ships are also part of the reward.

Rhodok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 12:17:14 AM »

Yeah after this post i payed more attention to rewards and difficulty, 200k rewards seems very double.
Now that i think about it probably that hardest part was my lack of understanding of how dp worked and always starting with 40 dp.
But still 400k rewards i think are too hard, i think that problem is just capital ships spam and so making a fight of attrition between ai and player, and i don't want to bring a big capital ships fleet just for that bounty, especially after I found out a massive fleet is useless and a diverse fleet is better and way more fun and strategical

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Bounty hunting is not worth it late game
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 12:28:46 AM »

There are hunter killer type bounties available from your contacts. You need to destroy a rather small fleet of a bounty hunter. For a 400+K.

Rhodok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 08:14:08 AM »

Well i guess normal late game hunting is just for that challenge then

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 10:21:19 AM »

You only need to kill the bounty. Every other ship is optional.

I don't think the bounty is explicitly marked in battle though. That'd be handy.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 10:37:43 AM »

You only need to kill the bounty. Every other ship is optional.

I don't think the bounty is explicitly marked in battle though. That'd be handy.
Pretty sure it's marked outside of battle and in battle, though there's no confirmation the bounty target is currently fielded I believe. Bounty targets should have a white star icon, both inside and outside of battle.

Rhodok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 11:06:41 AM »

Il start a new game to check that problem i had on my first playthrough on my current game I'm too big , anyway il try to just kill that leader and see how that work for me and how to track it

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2021, 11:31:50 AM »

Pretty sure it's marked outside of battle and in battle, though there's no confirmation the bounty target is currently fielded I believe. Bounty targets should have a white star icon, both inside and outside of battle.
If the bounty target is actually marked in battle, it's beyond my ability to find. It's not such a big deal in tiny fights, but in large ones you're basically doing recaptcha to find the right pilot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2021, 11:34:57 AM »

Having clear indication in combat of which ship is bounty target would definitely be nice.

Mordodrukow

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2021, 11:58:50 AM »

Bounties not worth it in the middle of the game, but after i completed the story and got my Paragon, they became pretty good (not the hardest ones though...).

I started a colony and dropped to -80k per month. Get to 60k left on my account, and then i decided: "*** that ***, i wanna be rich" And started to hunt bounties. Got enough money to build everything you can build (including planetary shield) on a colony of size 4 before it hit size 5.

Just dont fight phase fleets. Pirates, ludd - doable with solo Odyssey. Conquest pack - doable with paragon and bunch of support. Few Onslaughts + few Legions - same, but slightly harder. And every of those will give you 200-350k. It is pretty ok, and you can do em faster because of... story reasons (spoilers).

Midgame is hard, i agree. Storms eat your supplies, crew eats salary. I had Legion + Apogee + 3 Champs + Fury, and it is not a setup that can do things. The game has no social lift. If you poor - you poor and it is pretty hard to get better (unless you just pick comission and buy any capitals you want, which is, well... good... but braindead feature). But when you good - it is easy almost as it was.
Spoiler
[close]

Rhodok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2021, 12:21:21 PM »

Bounties not worth it in the middle of the game, but after i completed the story and got my Paragon, they became pretty good (not the hardest ones though...).

I started a colony and dropped to -80k per month. Get to 60k left on my account, and then i decided: "*** that ***, i wanna be rich" And started to hunt bounties. Got enough money to build everything you can build (including planetary shield) on a colony of size 4 before it hit size 5.

Just dont fight phase fleets. Pirates, ludd - doable with solo Odyssey. Conquest pack - doable with paragon and bunch of support. Few Onslaughts + few Legions - same, but slightly harder. And every of those will give you 200-350k. It is pretty ok, and you can do em faster because of... story reasons (spoilers).

Midgame is hard, i agree. Storms eat your supplies, crew eats salary. I had Legion + Apogee + 3 Champs + Fury, and it is not a setup that can do things. The game has no social lift. If you poor - you poor and it is pretty hard to get better (unless you just pick comission and buy any capitals you want, which is, well... good... but braindead feature). But when you good - it is easy almost as it was.

Now that i remembered a bit of what was my problem with bounty on mid game, one was yes u spend a good amount of rcc just to go there but one other problem i had was that random difficulty of that bounty hunter, as you say it depends on your fleet what u can do, at that points I could do that 100k rewards most of that time would Spawn 300k reward or more and so i would just waste time waiting for a good one, that problem is that bounty would be also 40k rewards and that is not profitable at all.
I don't know i still feel weird at that bounty difficulty scaling, early game their are great for rep and money, mid game it depends on ur fleet and probably defending a sistem from pirate is way more profitable and late game they are not that interesting when i make 600k from that colony's.

Probably is not that right place to talk about commission, maybe make one other topic but anyway they in general should go more in deep then just a cash relationship and elite ships.

Maybe i should make a topic about that marker for easy way to find bounty on that battlefield to make it more visible?