Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.97a-RC10] Machina Void Shipyards v. 0.62  (Read 301685 times)

Unit9461

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Machina Void Shipyards v. 0.55.5
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2022, 11:36:35 AM »

can you make the asciilasher recoverable through normal means? as it is now, it's possible to get a hold of one as a floating derelict after the fight if you use a story point and it costs 0 deployment points. I don't think you intended for it to be recoverable given it's missing so many stats in the excel sheet, but it would be neat.
sure

PeopleThief

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2022, 01:38:46 PM »

Glare lacks Auto Ships hullmod. Still functions fine, but figured I should report it.

Unit9461

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2022, 01:23:52 PM »

Glare lacks Auto Ships hullmod. Still functions fine, but figured I should report it.
Releasing update today, it's fixed now, thank you for reminding me!

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Machina Void Shipyards v. 0.55.6
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2022, 01:48:57 PM »

msv.json
line 31, there is typo
Code
            "hierarchal":0.5,
should be
Code
            "hierarchical":0.5,

Unit9461

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2022, 01:49:26 PM »

msv.json
line 31, there is typo
Code
            "hierarchal":0.5,
should be
Code
            "hierarchical":0.5,
I see

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2022, 08:48:31 AM »

Who MSV is supposed to be allied with, usually?

WorthlessInvestment

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2022, 09:28:22 AM »

Fellow starfarer noted a small visual glitch of the Cainhurst thrusters.

Spoiler
[close]

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2022, 06:39:01 PM »

The Onslaught in this mod is bugged "visually", you might want to take a look at it.
^^

Flavius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2022, 01:34:12 PM »

Would it be possible for someone to tell me the name for the music used when docked at a MVs planet it goes crazy insane

Unit9461

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2022, 08:47:39 PM »

Would it be possible for someone to tell me the name for the music used when docked at a MVs planet it goes crazy insane
NightDrive (might have a space) by Mister Kad on Bandcamp

Unit9461

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2022, 08:48:16 PM »

Fellow starfarer noted a small visual glitch of the Cainhurst thrusters.

Spoiler
[close]

It has been brought to my attention. Thank you for telling me, I'll fix it next update.

ChristophHRO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Machina Void Shipyards v. 0.56
« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2022, 04:22:21 AM »

The mod is awesome! Flying the militarized Apogee together with Exotica Technology is a dream.

But i got a question:

Is the ASDF-03 supposed to be so OP? They seem to never die while bunching out tons of damage. Run 6 of them on a low-tech Hresvelgr-class with Defensive Formations and they nearly never die. They even kill an onslaught.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 04:25:12 AM by ChristophHRO »

Psyentific

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2022, 06:56:36 AM »

'Caliburn' laser on Excalibur II-class is lacking appropriate sound effects, see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvGpVjJ0kN8

Quillithe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2022, 11:28:00 AM »

Hey, just starting my first playthough with mods and picked your mod's faction (because they look cool).

Felt like giving some (positive) feedback on some ships I've tried out so far:

Kriss - it's kinda terrible, but that's the point I suppose.  Doesn't really have the weapons to break anyone's shields and has almost no cargo or fuel space.  I do think you could safely drop the DP cost by one.  Starting with only a Kriss was a little interesting at first.

Switchblade - it's amazing!  For one more DP/maintenance you get a pretty fast ship with almost the same cargo as most vanilla combat frigates, a big fuel tank, 10 burn, a built in burst weapon, a fighter for point defense, acceptable armor and shields, even ground combat support!  It does everything and is a super good early game ship.

Bona - Just seemed worse than the switchblade.  You get a little more cargo space, but it takes a lot more crew and is slower. In combat you get a little more fighter support and a medium mount and more OP, but you lose the free weapon and a lot of speed.  And the ground support.  I didn't really want to buy one since small cargo runs it was better off just buying twice as many switchblades for the same price.

Principality - Seemed kinda steep for a small slow carrier, even with the free weapon.  Feel like it didn't compare well with...

Aquinas - For 2 DP you lose the free large mount weapon but get 25 OP to buy any one you want, AND get 50% more speed, better shields, free point defense drones, more small mounts, 1 more burn, less fuel usage.  Really good ship.

Gemma - Reminds me of a budget Apogee?  It carries a bunch of fuel and cargo, is cruiser sized for surveying equipment if you want, costs low maintenance and fuel, comes with a large mount and free point defense and free fighters.  They aren't good in combat for the DP, but if you haven't hit the cap they're good support ships that also can hang around and launch very long range attacks while also being one of the better fuel/maintenance ways to get cargo space and a decent source of extra fuel tank space so you don't need tankers.

Abysswalker - Trying this out a little, offhand I suspect it costs too close to just using two aquinas in every way without bringing as much power, but it is cool and does supply missiles.

Unit9461

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2022, 11:29:20 AM »

Hey, just starting my first playthough with mods and picked your mod's faction (because they look cool).

Felt like giving some (positive) feedback on some ships I've tried out so far:

Kriss - it's kinda terrible, but that's the point I suppose.  Doesn't really have the weapons to break anyone's shields and has almost no cargo or fuel space.  I do think you could safely drop the DP cost by one.  Starting with only a Kriss was a little interesting at first.

Switchblade - it's amazing!  For one more DP/maintenance you get a pretty fast ship with almost the same cargo as most vanilla combat frigates, a big fuel tank, 10 burn, a built in burst weapon, a fighter for point defense, acceptable armor and shields, even ground combat support!  It does everything and is a super good early game ship.

Bona - Just seemed worse than the switchblade.  You get a little more cargo space, but it takes a lot more crew and is slower. In combat you get a little more fighter support and a medium mount and more OP, but you lose the free weapon and a lot of speed.  And the ground support.  I didn't really want to buy one since small cargo runs it was better off just buying twice as many switchblades for the same price.

Principality - Seemed kinda steep for a small slow carrier, even with the free weapon.  Feel like it didn't compare well with...

Aquinas - For 2 DP you lose the free large mount weapon but get 25 OP to buy any one you want, AND get 50% more speed, better shields, free point defense drones, more small mounts, 1 more burn, less fuel usage.  Really good ship.

Gemma - Reminds me of a budget Apogee?  It carries a bunch of fuel and cargo, is cruiser sized for surveying equipment if you want, costs low maintenance and fuel, comes with a large mount and free point defense and free fighters.  They aren't good in combat for the DP, but if you haven't hit the cap they're good support ships that also can hang around and launch very long range attacks while also being one of the better fuel/maintenance ways to get cargo space and a decent source of extra fuel tank space so you don't need tankers.

Abysswalker - Trying this out a little, offhand I suspect it costs too close to just using two aquinas in every way without bringing as much power, but it is cool and does supply missiles.
I see, thanks for trying out the mod!
The feedback you gave made sense, I appreciate it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12