Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.97a-RC10] Machina Void Shipyards v. 0.62  (Read 301739 times)

fewd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Machina Void Shipyards v. 0.53
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2022, 02:19:05 AM »

Hey. Just wanted to say that your mod is awesome. Love the ships in every way  8)

Phantasia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Machina Void Shipyards v. 0.55
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2022, 10:34:17 PM »

For the Linux users although the non-conventional folder and file naming conventions are still there unlike v0.54 the mod now gets past the loading screen.
Nonetheless despite it now loading out-of-the-box it appears to not be save compatible as the game will return to the main menu screen since it cannot find "expsp_plinker_sml" despite it very well existing.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 10:50:02 PM by Phantasia »

Flamingo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2022, 12:01:22 PM »

Heyo bro, quick question.
Why does the mod nerf the fortress shield? this is making my monitor useless even when the AI pilots it.
File attached for anyone wondering why  8)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2022, 02:18:13 PM »

Why does the mod nerf the fortress shield? this is making my monitor useless even when the AI pilots it.

This is a good catch, looking at it closer that isn't even the only system being affected. While they might not be changed, other vanilla systems are being overridden by (some) of the contents of Data\shipsystems\scripts.

ErikMaekir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2022, 05:40:53 PM »

I've got a quick question. The main post says that update 0.54 breaks saves. Should I take it that every update AFTER 0.54 will also break my save? Or is it just that one? English isn't my mother tongue, so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

Unit9461

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2022, 11:01:01 PM »

damn, I guess I accidentally left some scripts from old versions inside the shipsystem folder
I'll make sure to fix that asap
I left them there while learning how shipsystems worked and forgot to take em out
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 11:04:11 PM by Unit9461 »

Unit9461

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2022, 11:12:50 PM »

I've got a quick question. The main post says that update 0.54 breaks saves. Should I take it that every update AFTER 0.54 will also break my save? Or is it just that one? English isn't my mother tongue, so forgive me if this is a dumb question.
Saves should be fine if you're updating from .54 to .55

Skelo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2022, 11:22:09 PM »

damn, I guess I accidentally left some scripts from old versions inside the shipsystem folder
I left them there while learning how shipsystems worked and forgot to take em out

So have you fixed them? Love the mod but not a fan of other systems being changed :)

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Machina Void Shipyards v. 0.55.5
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2022, 01:33:50 PM »

For those arma armatura fans out there, can you add a strikeship focused carrier?

Idea is some carrier that has hullmods that work well with strikeships but doesn't improve "normal" fighters.

Or a carrier that comes with "WINGCOM" and is intended to host tons of mechs. :)

Armaa sadly only adds the strike ships and fighters and has no carriers, stations, etc... on its own. Since Armaa recommends this mod, you could make this mod be a sort of "ship, planet and station" side of Armaa :D

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2022, 02:31:22 PM »

I checked and lots of files in that folder are similar to vanilla... I think you are still forgetting to delete them :(

For example you have there the mote launcher, and I don't think any of your ships even use that...

Unit9461

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2022, 08:26:47 AM »

I already did.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2022, 08:29:15 PM »

I already did.

Is it intentional you have files related to mote launcher and fortress shield on the shipsystem folder? Just to confirm.

iospace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2022, 06:33:10 AM »

Not sure if it's an issue with this specific mod or Nex, but when random core worlds is enabled with everyone getting an equal start, MVS still had its usual two systems.  I also had derelict enabled as well.

Unit9461

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2022, 08:31:55 AM »

I already did.

Is it intentional you have files related to mote launcher and fortress shield on the shipsystem folder? Just to confirm.
No, had them in there for easy access to see how they worked, forgot to delete.

darkwarrior1000

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2022, 01:34:59 AM »

can you make the asciilasher recoverable through normal means? as it is now, it's possible to get a hold of one as a floating derelict after the fight if you use a story point and it costs 0 deployment points. I don't think you intended for it to be recoverable given it's missing so many stats in the excel sheet, but it would be neat.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12