Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95.1a is out! (12/10/21); Blog post: Uniquifying the Factions, Part 2 (04/30/22)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.0.11  (Read 16305 times)

presidentmattdamon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.0.9
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2022, 09:27:21 AM »

v1.0.10 released. fixes a crash on loading a save while a fleet with special upgrades was out and about

presidentmattdamon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.0.11
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2022, 03:14:53 PM »

v1.0.11 released. fixes an error when recovering a ship with exotica tech. it didn't crash the game, but the red error was probably annoying.
the more notable part of this is that i fixed surely all cases of exotica tech not salvaging properly from said debris fields.

https://github.com/scardwell15/ExoticaTechnologies/releases/download/v1.0.11/Exotica-Technologies-v1.0.11.zip

WOWOWO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2022, 08:51:32 AM »

cool

Xarlas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2022, 12:13:27 AM »

I noticed that modifications are gone when recovering a ship (found in the world) with story points.
I play with Starpocalypse, Unknown skies and Adjusted Sector (all at default settings) so it could be an mod incompatibility.
I appended a save game file to the issue on github.
If the Sunder "ISS Faraway and Gone" is recovered using a story-point, it has no modifications.
When scanning the not yet recovered ship it shows that it has an exotic modification.

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2022, 08:15:41 AM »

Great idea, poor implementation. All of my exotics and upgrades on all of my ships randomly disappear. Replaced them 3 times on my flagship already and it keeps happening. Completely useless.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2022, 09:52:42 AM »

Great idea, poor implementation. All of my exotics and upgrades on all of my ships randomly disappear. Replaced them 3 times on my flagship already and it keeps happening. Completely useless.

I am not this mod author... but anyway I never had that bug.

I suggest you post your mod list, it might be mod incompatibility issue. For example there are 2 other mods that I know that kinda mess with same thing as Exotica and might have problems, one of them  has a known bug (author is fixing) where it was deleting some hullmods.

Bucket

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2022, 02:34:47 PM »

Honestly, the reason many people loved System Reloaded is for the huge resource sink required to craft existing ships into elite versions at the endgame. This feels like another hull mod, except it basically side steps the restrictions of the vanilla hull mod system and implements a similar derivative of the same system where individual mods have been split into decks of cards to create an artificial overclocking effect(?). This is redundant and does not make sense.

Gating upgrades behind unique raw resources otherwise is a very good change. For an example, I want to slather
Spoiler
HMI's grey goo
[close]
all over my ships for some very unique traits.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 02:46:28 PM by Bucket »

power12359

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2022, 11:21:15 PM »

I am not this mod author... but anyway I never had that bug.

I suggest you post your mod list, it might be mod incompatibility issue. For example there are 2 other mods that I know that kinda mess with same thing as Exotica and might have problems, one of them  has a known bug (author is fixing) where it was deleting some hullmods.

I have similar problem with my upgrades disappearing.
My mod list is
Attuned Drive Field Hullmod
Commissioned Crews
Exotica Technologies
Grand Colonies
Industrial Evolution
Lazy Lib
Magic Lib
More Hullmods
Nexerelin
Unusually Gullible Hullmods

Could one of these mod be conflicting?

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2022, 01:52:19 PM »

Suggestions:

1. Mod really needs a better way to steal mods from other ships, you don't want to necessarily salvage them, maybe you it is not even possible in first place (like automated ships without the appropriate skill).
2. Need some weak upgrades with no downsides so you can fill the "bandwidth" of any ship if you have resources for it, you are making this a "further specialization" mod, but you can't predict every single specialization players will invent, so the mod might end useless because none of the upgrades fits a ship. (suggestion: 1% weapon range per level, 2% battle speed per level, 2% extra cargo and fuel per level, etc...)
3. What would make your mod shine above many others, is if you add some explorer-friendly things, for example currently only one mod (HMI) adds a hullmod that increases sensor range! Would love if exotica improved sensor range!

Longer term suggestions:
would be nice if the "exotica branch" was an actual building, and be available only on some planets, or allow on all planets (maybe even on space) the player to tweak his exotica a little, but have more powerful options only available on planets that have the real building. Also make building improve colony too.
Also you could add HMI and Shadowyards resources to to the mod too, like using nanites and capacitors to craft some mods. For example have nanites improve "physical" mods like armor, and capacitors improve the "energy" related mods, like flux or speed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]