Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: colony spawns tiny fleets despite 263% fleet size  (Read 1971 times)

Rauschkind

• Commander
    • View Profile
colony spawns tiny fleets despite 263% fleet size
« on: April 19, 2021, 03:24:02 AM »

one of my colony, size 6 shows 263% fleet size.
their "armada fast picket" cusually has a size of ~60dp, an "armada patrol" is 80-90dp.
is this a bug?
at the very least its extremely missleading, i would assume that these fleets would have roughly 2.5 times the size of the "typical heavy patrol" shown in in the doctrine tab, but if any thing its 2.5 times smaller.
if its because these are no  heavy patrols - well, there are no heavy patrols. in any case, my colonies seem to be rather helpless against incursions.

mrpeters

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: colony spawns tiny fleets despite 263% fleet size
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 05:50:34 AM »

Fleet size is relative to the type of patrol.
Pickets are small by default, having 263% fleet size makes that picket larger than a 100% picket.
To get larger patrols you need to build military bases and high command structures; These can, for example, spawn medium and large patrols.

Rauschkind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 06:43:14 AM »

i have at least patrol bases on all my colonies and high commands on most, but i never have seen a larger fleet. well. maybe its that. i upgraded the patrol bases only recently, could be i have not seen one yet.

mrpeters

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 07:42:51 AM »

If you just recently upgraded them then that's definitely a possibility, give it a few in-game weeks and see if they start popping up.

Rauschkind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 03:59:25 PM »

all right thank you!