Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Story Ending Question  (Read 9412 times)

Exsam

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Story Ending Question
« on: April 18, 2021, 07:36:37 AM »

Does the current story line end when:
Spoiler
you get the Janus device and the scientist+engineer flee Galatia Academy?
[close]
Want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Also, I know there is a bar mission to point you at the main questline if you skip the tutorial. You may want to add one if the player doesn't start the quests after X cycles even if they did the tutorial. I played through the tutorial but completely missed being pointed towards Galatia Academy for the quests and was wondering when they'd show up in the bars.

New update is amazing btw, having a blast with story points (especially modding my ships with them). Now off to start the 3rd AI wars and bring the Hegemony to its knees.

Ad Astra

• Captain
  • Are Reapers strawberry flavored?
    • View Profile
Re: Story Ending Question
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 07:53:48 AM »

Yes, that's how far it goes for now, references are made to Coronal Taps (you can search for them in the wiki) where you find new challenging end game enemies and unique loot, but for now it hasn't been functionally linked to the story
You can park your spaceship anywhere you want if you get along with pirates

Exsam

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 08:08:08 AM »

Thanks! I found a Coronal Tap early in my game, it... did not go well. I thought just because I could take on a heavy Remanent Fleet I could handle a pair of [REDACTED]. I was wrong...oh gods I was wrong.

Ryan390

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 08:32:47 AM »

I personally feel the Doritos are over powered.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 09:39:34 AM »

I personally feel the Doritos are over powered.
Spoiler
Almost like they are the placeholder endboss with this release, isn't it? I'll bet that, as the game gets closer to completion, they'll be tweaked down to midboss instead.
[close]

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 09:43:13 AM »

Isn't the whole point of the doritos to be a very difficult but optional endgame fight? I don't really know how that can be overpowered, it's not like you can use them. Also, they are pretty vulnerable to EMP.

Ad Astra

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 09:59:34 AM »

Thanks! I found a Coronal Tap early in my game, it... did not go well. I thought just because I could take on a heavy Remanent Fleet I could handle a pair of [REDACTED]. I was wrong...oh gods I was wrong.

"I mean, there's just two of them right? How hard could it be?" -Every single one of our overconfident asses before getting dabbed on hard by a pair of abstract geometrical forms.

Great! You've experienced everything the main quest has to offer then, here you go committing space war crimes again!.

dna42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 06:02:41 AM »

I'm at the same point as the OP but somehow one Story-Mission is still shown as unfinished in the Intel screen...
Spoiler
Investigate Alpha Site is still shown, an I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do
- I found the hidden Jump-Point
- Fought and Recovered the Ziggurat
- Explored the Planet
- Recovered and gave back the cargo ship to Callisto Ibrahim
- Found the "sercret" [REDACTED] cache in the system

There seems to be an optional assignment left about finding a certain Researcher, but i went into every bar i could without finding her -
did i miss an important hint? Do I have to fly around in the Ziggurat to advance that mission?
[close]

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 06:26:43 AM »

Do we even have a lore explanation for the VERY REDACTED ships? They are completely different from the tech used by the Domain or REDACTED.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 06:54:14 AM »

About Alpha site.  Player finds out the researcher stole a ship.  Player finds the ship (wrecked, of course), but no researcher.  It is a safe bet said researcher is dead (barring respawn powers player has).

dna42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 07:31:09 AM »

About Alpha site.  Player finds out the researcher stole a ship.  Player finds the ship (wrecked, of course), but no researcher.  It is a safe bet said researcher is dead (barring respawn powers player has).
If that is the case, shouldn't the mission be finished and gone from my Intel screen?
Spoiler
I thought exploring the Planet and getting the Story about the Journal was the main objective
[close]
Maybe it is a bug.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 07:43:58 AM »

I remember clicking the planet, looting both ships and the bonus crate with Omega weapons.  After I made it back to Aregus and the Galatian Academy, I was thrust into the start of the Gate arc, with no further mention regarding project Ziggurat.

Ad Astra

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2021, 08:00:41 AM »

If that is the case, shouldn't the mission be finished and gone from my Intel screen?
Spoiler
I thought exploring the Planet and getting the Story about the Journal was the main objective
[close]
Maybe it is a bug.

Did you go back to the Galatian Academy? Sometimes quests get a little wonky, the questline should end proper when you get the working device over at Kanta's and come back to the academy, if you get any more objectives then its just a bug.

dna42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2021, 08:29:06 AM »

Spoiler
[close]
Maybe it is a bug.

Did you go back to the Galatian Academy? Sometimes quests get a little wonky, the questline should end proper when you get the working device over at Kanta's and come back to the academy, if you get any more objectives then its just a bug.

Yeah, finished the rest of the story - got the device and the provost doesn't want to talk to me anymore  :D
At least i know that i can stop searching now

Kanjejou

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2021, 10:54:00 AM »

Just a question does the academie quest permanently close to you?

or can you do quest for them later?
Pages: [1] 2