Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.95a-RC12] Weird fleets that want nothing  (Read 1025 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[0.95a-RC12] Weird fleets that want nothing
« on: April 18, 2021, 06:00:39 AM »

For example:

I have also seen an independent fleet that also had s-mods and also didn't actually say anything to me. Hegemony fleet went after me after I obtained Ziggurat, independent fleet, if I recall correctly, I saw before.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a-RC12] Weird fleets that want nothing
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 09:04:36 AM »

Hmm - any chance you could email me a save where this is happening? Some kind of disconnect between the fleet being spawned to talk to you and it actually wanting to talk to you, but would be easier to tell what's going on with the save in hand.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 09:59:00 AM »

...There's a special fleet that spawns when you turn hostile to the Hegemony, isn't there? Well, I lost Diktat's commission (when checking if they would try to take Zig away (I would have never known they could, if DR didn't trawl through the code and share his findings), which I accomplished by waiting a looong time in Volturn's orbit) before leaving the system. When I reloaded, the fleet's text changed to be about turning your back on Hegemony and it made sense.

I also remembered just now that that independent fleet that didn't want anything was the story one, where you can tell them off and the commander goes "aight, nothing for us here, then", which isn't a bug.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 10:48:20 AM »

There isn't one, actually - not for abandoning a commission. This sounds like a modded thing, then, maybe? I was thinking this was the "Hegemony reaction to you having the Zig" fleet. But looking at the code that spawns it, it would not have s-mods. So this actually does not seem like something from vanilla.

Kloranthy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 12:57:30 PM »

I do not know if I have a save with it present but I also had that happen.

It was from one of the story missions, I think picking up Gargoyle after the archive hack, but I had managed to avoid the fleet until I had completed the mission.
The fleet continued to exist and would chase me (as well as any pirates it saw) around hyperspace.
When I let them catch me to see what would happen they just gave me typical friendly/neutral Hegemony patrol dialogue and then stopped pursuing me.

There have been a few story related fleets that have stuck around like that.
After finishing the Zal rescue I returned to Kanta's den and had all the pirate fleets chase me down just to say "burn bright" and fly away.