Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Troubleshooting  (Read 57775 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2022, 12:40:50 PM »

Hi - you're on OS X, right? If you move the game package out of Downloads/ (and, say, into Applications/) that should resolve the issue.

ryanbennett321

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2022, 08:40:25 AM »

Looked around a bit for help with a problem and its turned out I had to delete JAVA_OPTIONS, which I did and the game worked fine that night.

However today I've opened my PC and tried to play the game, and now its back to giving me the same error (I checked the BAT file again) despite the fact that JAVA_OPTIONS no longer exists, I even checked my system's environment variables.

What do I do now?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2022, 08:44:05 AM »

Hi! Hmm - did you double-check that _JAVA_OPTiONS (or JAVA_OPTIONS) actually isn't set? It's possible that you might have something installed on your computer that keeps setting it.

One thing you might try is opening the .bat file with notepad and adding:
set JAVA_OPTIONS=
set _JAVA_OPTIONS=

As the first two lines. That may get around the issue even if something keeps adding that variable.

TheLambLady

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2022, 03:55:56 PM »

Hi new here, not new to starsector.

So, game crashes, its not drivers, its not display settings, im on windows 10, it crashes with and without mods, it worked fine til a couple of weeks ago when started to crash after some time; it could happen in the middle of the game, while traveling, shopping, battles and also it can happen in the menu and while creating a new playthrough if you wait long enough, so i dont know what the *** should i do.

Please help, i love this game its my comfort game.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2022, 05:00:22 PM »

Hi - sorry about the trouble! This is probably worth making a separate thread for. More info would be helpful - what exactly you mean by "crash", if there's an error message, if there's any error or stack trace at the end of the starsector.log file.

I'm guessing that you mean the game just crashes with no error message. In this case, there should be a file named hs_err_pidXXXXXX.log, where the X's are a bunch of numbers, somewhere in the game folder. Rather, a bunch of these, one for each crash. Seeing the contents of the latest one of these would be helpful.

And, finally, some basic things things to try:
1) Rebooting. In particular, doing "Restart" instead of "Shut down" - counter-intuitively, restart can reset more things in windows than a shutdown
2) Running the game as administrator, and/or in compatibility mode for windows 95/6/XP
3) Checking what else you have running, in particular stuff MSI Afterburner, or video capture software can sometimes cause problems. So could an anti-virus, depending, though I'm of course hesitant to suggest turning that off.

But, yeah, if you can find the hs_err_pid log file, that would likely help to see.

MrJack

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2022, 11:16:45 PM »

hello there,
how long it takes to recieve the activation code, its over a hour and still nothing, getting kinda nervous
iam from Europe if it makes a difference

nano_xXx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2022, 09:18:02 PM »

Hello. I have a strange problem. I play with mods (I don't think that's the reason).

Flying and exploring the galaxy, my ships just started taking damage and being destroyed. I booted up and tried again, but this time making saves along the way. At one point, I discovered that when interacting with an object (a planet, a debris field, an orbital habitat), my fleet continues to fly by a small inertia (although I have an interface for interacting with the object open at that moment, and in theory there should have been a pause) After which my fleet just starts exploding and in chat writes about getting millions of experience with each lost ship.

I don't understand what to do, I tried restarting the computer and the game several times. I have allocated 8 gigabytes of memory for the star sector. Installed on HDD. I previously installed and uninstalled java (I needed a specific version, and jdk-17.0.5 remained, I removed the previous one through the installer).

I tried to find a similar problem on the forum but couldn't find a solution as my English is poor.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Hydrospanner

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2023, 01:43:47 PM »

Hi, although I've seen my problem described in one of these threads here already it didn't seem to help at all, so I hope one of you can help me here.

When I launch the game (I use Ubuntu, so I do it via the terminal) the launcher shows up just fine, but then I already notice the first hiccup - namely that only three display resolutions are shown to me (like 1280x800 up to 1440x900) and regardless of what I choose to try to start the game... it crashes. It shows me a "Fatal Error: 1"
Looking up other threads the solution was installing xrandr or some variation of it and it would solve the problem but that's not the case for me. The only solution for my issue so far was turning off my other monitor, as I found that the issue for some other people stemmed from having multiple monitors on.
I was wondering if there is a more convenient solution I can try that doesn't involve turning off my other monitor.

Thanks in advance and cheers!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2023, 12:04:47 AM »

Hi, although I've seen my problem described in one of these threads here already it didn't seem to help at all, so I hope one of you can help me here.

When I launch the game (I use Ubuntu, so I do it via the terminal) the launcher shows up just fine, but then I already notice the first hiccup - namely that only three display resolutions are shown to me (like 1280x800 up to 1440x900) and regardless of what I choose to try to start the game... it crashes. It shows me a "Fatal Error: 1"
Looking up other threads the solution was installing xrandr or some variation of it and it would solve the problem but that's not the case for me. The only solution for my issue so far was turning off my other monitor, as I found that the issue for some other people stemmed from having multiple monitors on.
I was wondering if there is a more convenient solution I can try that doesn't involve turning off my other monitor.

Thanks in advance and cheers!
Hi! Try uncommenting and setting the resolutionOverride setting in Starsector/data/config/settings.json

ElectroRequiem7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2023, 02:44:39 AM »

hey guys need help i updated Diable-Avionics and ScanThoseGates ran the game it crashed so i rolled back the updates and got
Spoiler
[Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.util.MagicCampaign.createCaptain(ZLjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/characters/FullName$Gender;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Integer;Ljava/lang/Integer;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/impl/campaign/events/OfficerManagerEvent$SkillPickPreference;Ljava/util/Map;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/characters/PersonAPI;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.util.MagicCampaign.createCaptain(ZLjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/characters/FullName$Gender;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Integer;Ljava/lang/Integer;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/impl/campaign/events/OfficerManagerEvent$SkillPickPreference;Ljava/util/Map;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/characters/PersonAPI;
   at data.scripts.world.DiableavionicsGen.spawnVirtuous(DiableavionicsGen.java:161)
   at data.scripts.DAModPlugin.onNewGameAfterEconomyLoad(DAModPlugin.java:86)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2023, 06:12:40 PM »

Make sure you're on latest versions of both Diable Avionics and MagicLib, there was a bit of bugginess with the very recent ML update that ought to be sorted out now.

AttitudeJacket

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2023, 06:44:31 AM »

Been getting some CTDs since my last patch. Usually happening on menus. Link to log file posted below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7rz15noze3bls10/starsector.log?dl=0

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2023, 06:59:03 AM »

I'm not seeing a (serious) exception or error in this log. Does it actually CTD with an error, or does it hang and need to be force-closed?
For the latter, try looking in Windows Event Viewer. Either way, might be good to open a specific forum thread for it.

Talinoth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2023, 12:11:13 AM »

EDIT: Whoops, I posted this in the wrong thread, sorry fellas. I need to use my eyes. Actual bug report is in the Bug Reports & Support (Modded) section.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 12:22:18 AM by Talinoth »

Jolly Raptor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2023, 10:57:28 AM »

I've recently been having an issue which doesn't seem to trigger from any action I make so it's rather inconsistent. I've already tried everything in the troubleshooting thread under the section regarding Fatal Null errors to no success.

[Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.bases.PirateBaseIntel.updateStationIfN eeded(PirateBaseIntel.java:486)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.bases.PirateBaseIntel.checkForTierChan ge(PirateBaseIntel.java:610)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.bases.PirateBaseIntel.advanceImpl(PirateBaseIntel.java:573)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseIntelPlugin.advance(BaseIntelPlugin.java:78)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseEventManager.advance(BaseEventManager.java:114)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.bases.PirateBaseManager.advance(PirateBaseManager.java:59)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7