Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Troubleshooting  (Read 57643 times)

Jakro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2021, 09:38:23 AM »

Hi, everyone!

I have played this game for a few weeks now and have downloaded an absurd amount of mods. Lately, after adding more mods, the game always crashes back to Desktop after fully loading.

Error is:

Fatal: null
  Check starsector.log for more info.

I found this in starsector.log.3 (highest number in logs) relatively at the top.

110656 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Applying data from ship_data.csv to [remnant_shield2]
110656 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Applying data from ship_data.csv to [remnant_hangar1]
110657 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Ship hull spec [tempest_s] not found in ship_data.csv
110657 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Ship hull spec [junker] not found in ship_data.csv
110657 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Ship hull spec [module_hightech_decor] not found in ship_data.csv
110657 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Ship hull spec [flare] not found in ship_data.csv
111132 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader  - Loading hull skin [data\hulls\skins\brdy_gonodactylus_p.skin]
111168 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Blackrock Drive Yards (data\hulls\skins\brdy_gonodactylus_p.skin)]
111170 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader  - Loading hull skin [data\hulls\skins\brdy_robberfly_p.skin]

My Modlist is:

Adjusted Sector
Better Colonies
Blackrock Drive Yards
Celestial Mount Circle Diable Avionics
ED Shipyard
GraphicsLib
HMI
HMI_brighton
HMI_Super villains
Industrial Evolution
Interstellar Imperium
Kadur Remnant
LazyLib
Luddic_Enhancement
MagicLib
Mayasuran Navy
Missing Ships
Nexerelin
Polaris Prime
Roider Union
SAD
scalartech
SCY
Ship and weapon pack
SkilledUp
SpeedUp
Starship Legends
tahlan Shipworks
Knights Templar
Terraforming and Station Construction
Tiandong Heavy Industries
Torchships
Tyrador Safeguard Coalition
Underworld
Unknown Skies
Vayra´s Sector
Yuri

The new mods are:

Adjusted Sector
SAD
scalartech
Templars
Tyrador Safeguard Coalition

I am thankful for any advice.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2021, 09:58:17 AM »

Hi - could you post this in this subforum?
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?board=14.0
That's the one for issues with modded games. Also, if you look at starsector.log, it should have a stack trace towards the end, if you include that, that would be helpful.

(The log.3 file is actually the oldest logfile; it rotates through a number of them once they reach a certain size - .log is the current one.)

Jakro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2021, 12:04:52 AM »

(The log.3 file is actually the oldest logfile; it rotates through a number of them once they reach a certain size - .log is the current one.)

Is .log always the current file ?
Also what is a Stack trace and how can I find it ?

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 12:08:24 AM by Jakro »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2021, 09:24:49 AM »

Yeah, it's always the current file. The stack trace is the part that looks generally like this:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
   at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)
   at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)
   at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.recvAlert(Unknown Source)

So it's the part where a bunch of lines are indented, basically. It shows roughly where in the code the error occurred.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2021, 04:17:28 AM »

So i install Pop OS on my laptop it's a Linux distro similar to Ubuntu. How do I execute the game? I click on the .bat file, nothing happen, it's open up text app for some reason. I'm new to Linux. Please help.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2021, 06:54:36 PM »

So i install Pop OS on my laptop it's a Linux distro similar to Ubuntu. How do I execute the game? I click on the .bat file, nothing happen, it's open up text app for some reason. I'm new to Linux. Please help.
Open console, cd to your Starsector folder, and run ./starsector.sh.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2021, 08:46:40 PM »

Thanks for the answer but i still don't know how to run it, what command to use?
[redacted.png]

Edit : Ok i get it now.

Let me write this down for future generation.
1. Open terminal in your Starsector directory or use command cd /[starsector directory]/
2. type ./starsector.sh and then click enter.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 08:54:37 PM by Chairman Suryasari »
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

BoringIndividual

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2021, 10:47:47 AM »

Hello everyone,

I am awful with computers, and I can't figure out how to move my .95 save file to the .95 hotfix version. I'm on mac, and my process was finder>applications>Starsector>Show package contents and then copy pasting the "saves" folder from the .95 original into the new version. Starsector opens but then when I click "Load Game" on the menu it says "No Found Saves." I'd like to say I tried everything, but I have no clue what to do next haha. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

InsaneMind

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2021, 10:51:23 PM »

Recently downloaded the new patch but decided I wanted to continue playing my old save with mods, so I re installed the previous release but now whenever I start the game I get "ship hull spec [drg_inequallity]"
Wondering if anyone could help me out.

starsector.log:

9400 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [drg_inequality] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [drg_inequality] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.M.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader.Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÒO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2021, 08:50:55 PM »

Recently downloaded the new patch but decided I wanted to continue playing my old save with mods, so I re installed the previous release but now whenever I start the game I get "ship hull spec [drg_inequallity]"
Wondering if anyone could help me out.

starsector.log:

9400 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [drg_inequality] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [drg_inequality] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.M.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader.Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÒO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
Do a clean install of your mods (not sure which one has the Inequality ship).

Always delete the old save folder before extracting/copying the new one, otherwise files removed in the newer version can persist and cause issues like this.

dlccmind

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2021, 03:30:42 PM »

Hi!
When I start the game nothing happens.

I followed the guide on this specific error but nothing seems to help. I also tried changing Java From Oracle java to OpenJDK to see if that would help, unfortunately not.
This is the log for starsector.bat (had to get rid of one of the hint options though, because it's not supported in OpenJDK)

D:\spel\Starsector\starsector-core>starsector.bat

D:\spel\Starsector\starsector-core>..\jre\bin\java.exe -Djava.library.path=native\windows -Xms1536m -Xmx1536m -Xss2048k -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=../saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=../screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=../mods -classpath janino.jar;commons-compiler.jar;commons-compiler-jdk.jar;starfarer.res.
jar;starfarer.api.jar;starfarer_obf.jar;jogg-0.0.7.jar;jorbis-0.0.15.jar;json.jar;lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util_applet.jar;jinput.jar;lwjgl_test.jar;log4j-1.2.9.jar;lwjg
l_util.jar;fs.sound_obf.jar;fs.common_obf.jar;xstream-1.4.10.jar com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher
0    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Starting Starsector 0.95a-RC15 launcher
1    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Running in D:\spel\Starsector\starsector-core
1    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - OS: Windows 7 6.1
2    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Java version: 1.7.0_79 (64-bit)
8    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings  - Loading settings
11   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [ABSOLUTE_AND_CWD: null (data/config/settings.json)]
86   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 640x480, 60Hz, 16bpp
86   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 640x480, 60Hz, 32bpp
87   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 800x600, 56Hz, 32bpp
87   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 800x600, 60Hz, 32bpp
88   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 800x600, 56Hz, 16bpp
88   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 800x600, 60Hz, 16bpp
89   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1024x768, 60Hz, 32bpp
89   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1024x768, 60Hz, 16bpp
90   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1280x720, 60Hz, 32bpp
90   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1280x960, 60Hz, 32bpp
91   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1280x1024, 60Hz, 16bpp
91   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1280x800, 60Hz, 16bpp
92   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1280x800, 60Hz, 32bpp
92   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1280x960, 60Hz, 16bpp
92   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1280x1024, 60Hz, 32bpp
93   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1280x720, 60Hz, 16bpp
93   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1440x900, 60Hz, 16bpp
94   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1440x900, 60Hz, 32bpp
94   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1600x900, 60Hz, 16bpp
95   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1600x1200, 60Hz, 16bpp
95   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1600x900, 60Hz, 32bpp
96   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1600x1200, 60Hz, 32bpp
96   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1680x1050, 60Hz, 32bpp
97   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1680x1050, 60Hz, 16bpp
97   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1920x1080, 60Hz, 16bpp
98   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Found display mode: 1920x1080, 60Hz, 32bpp
98   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Assuming native monitor resolution is 1920x1080
414  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.OO0O  - Using refresh rate:60
663  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - Maximum anti-aliasing samples: 8
818  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ui/launcher_bg.jpg (using cast)
879  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ui/launch_button_bg.png (using cast)
883  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ui/play_button0.png (using cast)
886  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ui/play_button1.png (using cast)
888  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ui/buttons/toggleA20x_on.png (using cast)
889  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ui/buttons/toggleA20x_off.png (using cast)
890  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ui/buttons/arrow_down.png (using cast)
891  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/fx/scanline11.png (using cast)
893  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ui/bgs/ui_border1b_e.png (using cast)
894  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ui/bgs/ui_border1b_e_bot.png (using cast)
895  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ui/bgs/ui_border1b_e_top.png (using cast)
897  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ui/bgs/ui_border1b_w.png (using cast)
898  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ui/bgs/ui_border1b_w_bot.png (using cast)
899  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ui/bgs/ui_border1b_w_top.png (using cast)
912  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/fonts/orbitron24aabold_0.png (using cast)
942  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/fonts/orbitron20aa_0.png (using cast)
963  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/fonts/insignia15LTaa_0.png (using cast)
992  [Thread-2] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/fonts/orbitron12_0.png (using cast)

Same result no matter what I do, it just stops there, right after orbitron.

Thats about it.
Cheers! /Mikael

dlccmind

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2021, 02:38:38 AM »

Got it working!

Ok, so for whom it may concern. I got it working by reinstalling the graphic drivers. Note, I have exactly the same version of the drivers I have before, it's the same drivers. No idea why it worked, I guess they have become corrupted somehow. So this is something you can try if all else fails.

Cheers!

Runifik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2021, 02:45:42 AM »

An error pops up during flight in a sector or in an inter-sector space.

58682 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.graphics.super.C.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.super.C.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.super.C.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.super.C.Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.b.??0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.b.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00O.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.C.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.super.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)

I use mods (LazyLib 2.6, zz GraphicsLib 1.5.1, MagicLib 0.34, Terraforming and Station Construction 7.1, Industrial.Evolution 2.2.f, Grand.Colonies 1.0.b), but doubt it is related to them.
It seemed to me that the crash occurs when a certain informational message appears.

Complete reinstallation
 solved the problem. The error was poured out due to the loss of the icon of the message about the completion of the officer's training at the station.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 04:34:41 AM by Runifik »

Tachikoma

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2021, 06:13:47 PM »

How do you fix a missing JSONArray[9] *missing JSONArray by 9*, is it something related to the vmparams because i did checked the part of it for Xms/Xmx *do i change any numbers for the Xss as well?*, and should i check the starsector.bat 32 as well while I'm at it?

It just started to do this to me just a few hours ago today with my game.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2021, 09:28:37 PM »

How do you fix a missing JSONArray[9] *missing JSONArray by 9*, is it something related to the vmparams because i did checked the part of it for Xms/Xmx *do i change any numbers for the Xss as well?*, and should i check the starsector.bat 32 as well while I'm at it?

It just started to do this to me just a few hours ago today with my game.
You don't need to change the Xss or the .bat. That error sounds like something with a mod (or with modified core game files if you did that).

I'd recommend making a thread with the full error message from starsector-core/starsector.log (it'll be at the very end if you look immediately after the crash).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7