Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I got bored during the Pandemic, so I wrote a short horror story.  (Read 1324 times)

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile

I've posted the story in 4 parts on the nosleep subreddit.

The first part is available here. Each post links to the next part of the story.

Xavier Goethe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: I got bored during the Pandemic, so I wrote a short horror story.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 12:11:27 AM »

Very interesting. Did you write anything else?

Network Pesci

• Commander
  • Hopefully, amusing you.
    • View Profile
The slimy-tentacled alien fled across the morgue, and the coroner followed.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 05:31:14 PM »

Hey, that's actually pretty good!  Never been to the place you describe but I've poked around some old mine shafts in the Rocky Mountains.  I particularly like some of the sensory details.  As somebody who's lived in similar geography I can tell you're a native.

Also the plot kept me guessing, broken up into four chapters like that, I kept thinking I knew where it was going and I kept being wrong.  "Oh, so it's like in that one King story where the guy drank a bad beer, but..."  "Oh, so it's like in that one Michael Shea story where the alien was puppeting the guy..."  I'm not going to say which author the last chapter reminded me of because naming him would spoil the whole story.  Definitely a worthy expenditure of the fifteen minutes or so I spent reading it.

Hey what is that disk called anyway?  Is it by chance an
Spoiler
Elder Sign
[close]
?

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hey, that's actually pretty good!  Never been to the place you describe but I've poked around some old mine shafts in the Rocky Mountains.  I particularly like some of the sensory details.  As somebody who's lived in similar geography I can tell you're a native.

Also the plot kept me guessing, broken up into four chapters like that, I kept thinking I knew where it was going and I kept being wrong.  "Oh, so it's like in that one King story where the guy drank a bad beer, but..."  "Oh, so it's like in that one Michael Shea story where the alien was puppeting the guy..."  I'm not going to say which author the last chapter reminded me of because naming him would spoil the whole story.  Definitely a worthy expenditure of the fifteen minutes or so I spent reading it.

Hey what is that disk called anyway?  Is it by chance an
Spoiler
Elder Sign
[close]
?

Hey, sorry for the suuuuuuper late reply, but thanks for the feedback! As for the spoiler:
Spoiler
I wasn't drawing on any pre-existing material, but the disc was functionally comparable.
[close]

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: I got bored during the Pandemic, so I wrote a short horror story.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2023, 01:37:34 PM »

Very interesting. Did you write anything else?
Thanks, and no I haven't but I want to! Super busy with work and other projects.