Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Deployment size problem  (Read 1232 times)

Rhodok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Deployment size problem
« on: April 17, 2021, 08:02:31 AM »

Hi, i think my game Is broken i go around that space with a fleet of 800 size everytime i go in a fight i Always get only 40 % of dp and in site i have a bigger fleet the them.
Anyway i can fix this problem?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 03:20:37 AM by Rhodok »

collique nephretique

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Deployment size bug
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 01:52:07 PM »

I guess this is because now deployment size percentage is granted by the number of officer you have in your fleet,so no matter the size if the ennemy has more officer than you in his fleet, then he is getting the higher percentage DP points.

Rhodok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 12:17:46 AM »

Yeah is exactly for that, and when I checked enemy officers number i see why i get always 40%, BTW i know for sure that is not only that number of officers but their lv too

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 12:24:46 AM »

Yeah, it sucks. Enemies should be limited to the same officer cap as you but also it should be based on total fleet size, it's just silly how a smaller fleet can have superior numbers in battle just because they have more officers.

Rhodok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 02:00:13 AM »

In my opinion that officers dp part is not bad it balance that game and make you not able to steamroll everything going around with 30 paragon, that main problem is enemy ai currently broken and going around with 19 officers when u can at max 8-10, but is a problem that dev is working on it and unfortunately i didn't find any mod to get a bigger officers limit

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 02:24:23 AM »

In my opinion that officers dp part is not bad it balance that game and make you not able to steamroll everything going around with 30 paragon, that main problem is enemy ai currently broken and going around with 19 officers when u can at max 8-10, but is a problem that dev is working on it and unfortunately i didn't find any mod to get a bigger officers limit
The counter-balance to 30 paragons is that you'll pay through the nose just for having those in your fleet (that would be 1800 supplies per month). Players are already strongly encouraged to only take the minimum fleet by how expensive the supplies for a large fleet are. A fleet of 30 Paragons SHOULD steamroll everything if logistics issues don't tear it apart before it even reaches the fight. More ships should be stronger than fewer ships.

Rhodok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 03:02:09 AM »

I disagree on that game strongly encourage that player on "normal" fleet, this game attracted people like me that like to go nuts with economic,my goal before Knowing that officers part was to build a massive network of colony for supply and cash, that cost never bother me .
Anyway i think best solution is in a fight with multiple fleet is count for each side max 8-10 officers and in that end game fight are always split 50-50 , with this is more important having a balance fleet with ships that can take that battlefield objective.
One more thing dev know that problem with battlefield objective that Spawn too much at random favouring massively One side

Rhodok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 03:14:47 AM »

Forgot about that part of fleet size, anyway i think for that that game is fine, and more that taking in account bigger fleet that game just check for small fleet and let u deploy max