Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Low Maintenance hullmod  (Read 3405 times)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Low Maintenance hullmod
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2021, 12:47:34 PM »

They still get used because the sector is in a sorry state and beggars can't be choosers. Hegemony and Luddites don't have access to any other capital blueprints, so they have to use Onslaught and/or Legion.

The only faction that has the modern good stuff is TT.

No, thats not true. Onslaughts/Legions are just as good as Paragons/Atrals, adjusted for DP. Both explicitly in game where they are just as good, and in lore.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2021, 12:48:13 PM »

More factions than just Hegemony use low-tech ships, including Persean League (Mora, Dominator, Enforcer, Lasher, civvies), Independents (ditto), Sindrian Diktat (ditto, except for Mora), Luddic Church (they also get Legion), Luddic Path (they only have Enforcer and Lasher) and Pirates (same as path).

I hope that Alex finally moves away from tech levels soon.

Ad Astra

• Captain
  • Are Reapers strawberry flavored?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2021, 01:04:10 PM »

I hope that Alex finally moves away from tech levels soon.

Maybe if there's some elaboration about hi tech being more unreliable against an AI threat, low tech would instead be more easily thought of as "less automatic systems", that would tie wonderfully with the whole suspicion of AI and very high crew requirements in low tech ships. Having a thick armor to defend your troops should those finicky shield systems fail is surely relieving if you expect any and all systems that aren't a gun or a rocket to fail I guess.
You can park your spaceship anywhere you want if you get along with pirates
Pages: 1 [2]