Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Why doesn't this happen anymore?  (Read 1851 times)

LoneWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Why doesn't this happen anymore?
« on: April 17, 2021, 02:55:42 AM »

What happened to major events? I recently came back to this game after more than 5 years, I recall that major events were some random elements thrown in that gave the player lucrative opportunities, but now in this latest version, after playing for a couple days now, despite the intel section still classifying these events, I've yet to encounter one.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
Re: Why doesn't this happen anymore?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 04:30:20 AM »

Huh, I never really noticed the Major Events tab being completely empty until I got the habit to check it once in a while. It does have things happening sometimes but it's empty most of the time for me aswell!
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

LoneWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 06:49:07 PM »

Someone needs to look into it

LoneWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 06:50:38 PM »

I am a bit distressed that after 400 views no one else seems to notice the same? or is it just me?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 06:57:13 PM »

It's kind of just a placeholder right now. It may get some things or they may end up in other tags that feel more suited to them. The stuff you're thinking about from way back (food shortages, probably? only one that comes to mind) is represented in different ways now than it was then. The intel system/UI was very very different at that point, too.

LoneWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 07:33:23 PM »

Oic, and yes haha it was food shortages which is what I some how remember. My mistake to assume that dinosaur systems need not apply when talking about half decade later builds.

I look forward to what you'll do with that placeholder regardless.

nathanebht

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 10:04:59 PM »

I really don't like the way those event category tabs appear or disappear. It makes me hunt for the military tab frequently. It's never in the same location.

Move the important ones to the start of the line? Exploration, bounties, military. Never use the faction tabs.

Steven Shi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 10:50:46 PM »

Is it possible to have the tabs fixed? Depending on your fleet position, the options keep changing position because things get added or removed and it drives me crazy having to search for the 'local', 'bounty' and etc tabs. Can we just have fixed number of tabs and if it's not relevant to your position, mark it as 0.