Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: [0.97a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.6.0  (Read 206202 times)

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework v1.0.8
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2021, 05:06:46 PM »

... QC is one of the mods that overrides that skill. You should be able to check your config and customize it as you like if it's this mod. By default your AI ship limit is a factor of your battlesize setting, so very limited engagements may restrict ship choices.
Well, changing my QC skill settings to this let me get my Radiant to 60% readiness at least:

Spoiler
#Automated Ships
   "QC_USE_AUTOMATED_LIMITS":false,
   "QC_USE_AUTOMATED_LIMIT_LINEAR_SCALING":true, #Mostly benign plans, implemented
   "QC_USE_AUTOMATED_LIMIT_DYNAMIC_SCALING":false, #Evil plans, unimplemented
   "QC_AUTOMATED_POINTS_THRESHOLD":70, #If limits are enabled but scaling is not, limit = this
   "QC_AUTOMATED_POINTS_THRESHOLD_DIVISOR":5, # If linear scaling enabled, limit = Battlesize / this
   "QC_AUTOMATED_MAX_CR":80, #The maximum CR that an AI ship can reach. Does not affect fleet limit.
[close]
Not perfect, but at least the ship is functional now... kinda fuzzy on what all that did, but whatever works.

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2021, 09:10:24 PM »

I'm getting a crash with this mod.
Spoiler
4170954 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.skills.CaptainsMakeshiftEquipment$Level3B.apply(CaptainsMakeshiftEquipment.java:111)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.applyFleetwideToStats(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.intsuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.OoOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.B._.this.while(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.B._.actionTaken(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.B._.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Stringsuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
I get this crash when I try to transfer command after my ship has been destroyed.
Edit: Seems like the version numbers confused me, I was using 1.0.8 rc3 and the OP had just 1.0.8. The version from the OP doesn't have this crash.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 05:19:58 PM by Phenir »

PasDeBras

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2021, 10:45:31 AM »

Hello everyone, is this mod still compatible with nex, or am i missing something here?
I get this result with both active ...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2021, 07:07:33 PM »

Hi. The mod has not been updated for 0.95.1. It is strongly recommended that you do not use it until then. You will experience very aberrant behavior and miss out on vanilla's new skills. It'll be updated in time.

PasDeBras

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2021, 12:12:09 AM »

Oh ! Thank you for the quick answer, it was in blue in the modlist so i didn't even think of compatibility with the new version!
cheers

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2021, 04:51:23 AM »

Hello! I made quick personal edit of some skills since there is no skill mods for 0.95.1a yet, its just Helsmanship and Automated Ships and plus one extra skill from 091, Loadout Design with its own altitude, but I used some of your code, I used your ModPlugin as base and bits of Helsmanship and Automated Ships code too to make them configurable in settings file, interesting are you fine if I release this mod here? Your code was useful to figure out how to make skills configurable, not hardcoded.

https://imgur.com/a/uKipN59

swatmore

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2021, 06:55:12 PM »

It seems like there's no way to uninstall the mod at the moment, loading the "uninstalled" save still gives me error message.

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2021, 08:03:17 PM »

Hello! I made quick personal edit of some skills since there is no skill mods for 0.95.1a yet, its just Helsmanship and Automated Ships and plus one extra skill from 091, Loadout Design with its own altitude, but I used some of your code, I used your ModPlugin as base and bits of Helsmanship and Automated Ships code too to make them configurable in settings file, interesting are you fine if I release this mod here? Your code was useful to figure out how to make skills configurable, not hardcoded.

https://imgur.com/a/uKipN59

Hi! Cool that you added a new aptitude; I had been wondering how that would go. Feel free to post your tweak to the mod.

It seems like there's no way to uninstall the mod at the moment, loading the "uninstalled" save still gives me error message.

Are you uninstalling the mod or disabling it in the launcher? Those are different. The safest way to update right now is to:
Find QC's settings.json, and turn "UninstallMode" to true.
Load up 0.95a (pre-update) with QC enabled in the launcher, and load your game.
Save (or save-copy), then close the game.
Optionally: verify that you can now safely disable QC and load that game you just saved
Update Starsector to 0.95.1, load your game, live on.

Uninstalling the mod from 0.95.1 is very unlikely to work. Any NPC that has outdated skills would throw an error and there's not much I can do about that.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [Previous Version - 0.95a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework v1.0.8
« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2021, 11:59:25 PM »

I used this in my last .95 playthrough and the playthrough was made much better because of  this mod, thanks!

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2021, 10:18:54 AM »

Hi! Cool that you added a new aptitude; I had been wondering how that would go. Feel free to post your tweak to the mod.

Here: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=23446.0

Speaking of aptitude, it was easy to add actually, I kinda surprised what its not hard coded unlike things like weapon mounts types or damage types, but its added mostly via technical reason, since skill UI isn't scaleable, so its was only way to add extra skill without removing skills from existing aptitude or having them push skills off screen.

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework v1.1.0
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2022, 04:33:25 AM »

After a much extended hiatus, Quality Captains has been updated to 0.95.1a! Please enjoy.

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2022, 10:29:46 PM »

Love the mod, really makes the uninteresting skills you'd pass on actually worth taking.

Anyways is there a chance we can get a truly modular version? I prefer using the default scaling Bulk Transport skill compared to the flat bonus, especially in the early game.

Phantasia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2022, 01:18:46 AM »

The wording for how Combat Endurance handles malfunctions could do with further clarification.
It suggests that it only reduces malfunctions when at low combat readiness but when you look at the source code that doesn't seem to be the case.
In actuality malfunctions are reduced independent of the ship's combat readiness.
Code
	public static class Level5B implements ShipSkillEffect {
public void apply(MutableShipStatsAPI stats, HullSize hullSize, String id, float level) {
stats.getCriticalMalfunctionChance().modifyMult(id, 1f - MALFUNCTION_REDUCTION / 100f);
stats.getWeaponMalfunctionChance().modifyMult(id, 1f - MALFUNCTION_REDUCTION / 100f);
stats.getEngineMalfunctionChance().modifyMult(id, 1f - MALFUNCTION_REDUCTION / 100f);
}

public void unapply(MutableShipStatsAPI stats, HullSize hullSize, String id) {
stats.getCriticalMalfunctionChance().unmodify(id);
stats.getWeaponMalfunctionChance().unmodify(id);
stats.getEngineMalfunctionChance().unmodify(id);
}

public String getEffectDescription(float level) {
return "-" + (int)(MALFUNCTION_REDUCTION * NO_OFFICER_MULT) + "% chance of malfunctions when at low combat readiness";
}
This distinction is worth noting especially for those that are piloting ships with Ill-Advised Modfications that can cause malfunctions at any time e.g. LP ships or interactions with modiverse hull-mods which may add malfunctions as an act of balancing.

More comments while I'm here...

I've never been a big fan of EW scaling with officer's skills. Furthermore they need to have either Gunnery Implants or Energy Mastery but no bonus of sorts for having both (not even a diminishing bonus)—I would rather spend my time playing the game then min-maxing fits or officer builds to fit fleet composition. Vanilla did it best here scaling with the amount of ships added (and thankfully it's customisable). It sucks even more when you're up against doritos that have ECM ratings of 50!

Also I prefer the vanilla 0.95.1a Helmsmanship so as to not have to ever encounter the scenario with enemy ships that have a ridiculous level of flux capacity and have low weapon flux usage which can result in being infinitely kited and sniped by ship with permanent zero-flux bonus that keep their flux usage at less than 1%.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 02:23:52 AM by Phantasia »

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2022, 03:02:39 AM »

The wording for how Combat Endurance handles malfunctions could do with further clarification.
Good point. I think this was vanilla, but it's been updated for the next version.

they need to have either either Gunnery Implants or Energy Mastery but no bonus of sorts for having both ... Vanilla did it best here scaling with the amount of ships added
Changed to raise ECM score by skill count! If that mode is selected, they'll get a bonus from each in the future. It may not make remnant any less terrifying, but then they're electronic demigods; they're probably pretty good at EWAR.

The ECM For Hullsize toggle will emulate vanilla if that's your preference. By QC default all the hullsize values are equal.

Also I prefer the vanilla 0.95.1a Helmsmanship
By all means! That's why it's a config toggle. :D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 03:05:28 AM by Dal »

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2022, 03:14:20 AM »

Anyways is there a chance we can get a truly modular version? I prefer using the default scaling Bulk Transport skill compared to the flat bonus, especially in the early game.
If there's a particularly frustrating change that can't be adjusted by stats, the .skill files in Quality Captains/data/characters/skills have most effects documented. For bulk transport, removing the "Captains" prefix in each line will restore the vanilla effect with scaling limits.

As a side, a lot of people have been mentioning the civilian ship burn bonus, so that'll be coming to QC in the next patch.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20