Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: [0.97a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.6.0  (Read 206574 times)

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework v1.0.8
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2021, 01:13:05 PM »

Archean Order is a Total Conversion mod, heh, it's not compatible with almost anything. Glad to hear QC is working fine, then!

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2021, 03:33:58 PM »

Archean Order is a Total Conversion mod, heh, it's not compatible with almost anything. Glad to hear QC is working fine, then!

tell that to my enabled mod list
Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "pantera_ANewLevel40",
  "adjustable_skill_thresholds",
  "Adjusted Sector",
  "anotherportraitpack",
  "archeus_beta",
  "automatedcommands",
  "beyondthesector",
  "combat_docking_module",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "lw_console",
  "domain_mship_controllable",
  "diyplanets",
  "DetailedCombatResults",
  "dronelib",
  "extra_system_reloaded",
  "sun_flux_reticle",
  "gladiatorsociety",
  "GrandColonies",
  "hm_barratry",
  "hullmod_specialization",
  "sun_hyperdrive",
  "IndEvo",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "logisticsNotifications",
  "MagicLib",
  "su_CarrierHullmod",
  "su_CarrierHullmod_Rebalance",
  "mir",
  "more_ship_names",
  "nexerelin",
  "console_overlord_additionalcommands",
  "wisp_perseanchronicles",
  "QualityCaptains",
  "m561_ramscoop",
  "remnant_command_transfer",
  "repdec",
  "sun_ruthless_sector",
  "secretsofthefrontieralt",
  "SEEKER",
  "PT_ShipDirectionMarker",
  "simpleplayerflags",
  "solsystem",
  "speedUp",
  "starpocalypse",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "stelnet",
  "superweapons",
  "timid_supply_forging",
  "Terraforming and Station Construction",
  "trulyautomatedships",
  "US",
  "ungp",
  "unpackblueprints",
  "UGH",
  "wasabounties",
  "audio_plus",
  "shaderLib"
]}
[close]

using quality captains 1.0.4 with the latest version of AO
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2021, 03:36:14 PM »

tell that to my enabled mod list
Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "pantera_ANewLevel40",
  "adjustable_skill_thresholds",
  "Adjusted Sector",
  "anotherportraitpack",
  "archeus_beta",
  "automatedcommands",
  "beyondthesector",
  "combat_docking_module",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "lw_console",
  "domain_mship_controllable",
  "diyplanets",
  "DetailedCombatResults",
  "dronelib",
  "extra_system_reloaded",
  "sun_flux_reticle",
  "gladiatorsociety",
  "GrandColonies",
  "hm_barratry",
  "hullmod_specialization",
  "sun_hyperdrive",
  "IndEvo",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "logisticsNotifications",
  "MagicLib",
  "su_CarrierHullmod",
  "su_CarrierHullmod_Rebalance",
  "mir",
  "more_ship_names",
  "nexerelin",
  "console_overlord_additionalcommands",
  "wisp_perseanchronicles",
  "QualityCaptains",
  "m561_ramscoop",
  "remnant_command_transfer",
  "repdec",
  "sun_ruthless_sector",
  "secretsofthefrontieralt",
  "SEEKER",
  "PT_ShipDirectionMarker",
  "simpleplayerflags",
  "solsystem",
  "speedUp",
  "starpocalypse",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "stelnet",
  "superweapons",
  "timid_supply_forging",
  "Terraforming and Station Construction",
  "trulyautomatedships",
  "US",
  "ungp",
  "unpackblueprints",
  "UGH",
  "wasabounties",
  "audio_plus",
  "shaderLib"
]}
[close]

using quality captains 1.0.4 with the latest version of AO

edit: ive also done runs with various factions and cant remember any making the game crash, although im sure one or two would

edit: edit: im an AO nerd at this point lol.  well.....i guess im a nerd for starsector mods in general.  didnt know you updated, gonna have to throw the update on my non AO install!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 03:37:45 PM by 6chad.noirlee9 »
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Raio_Verusia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2021, 07:28:00 AM »

Haha, yeah, like a charm! It probably needed that line uncommented to override something, I take it? I have no idea what I'm doing but whatever I did works lol

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2021, 09:17:57 PM »

Edit: It's quite possible maybe Archean Order requires that line un-commented? I didn't think it changed much with skills but maybe I'm wrong there?
Haha, yeah, like a charm! It probably needed that line uncommented to override something, I take it? I have no idea what I'm doing but whatever I did works lol
Hi just saw this! As a quick explanation, AO didn't replace many skills in past versions and so you likely wouldn't have noticed the couple that were overridden at that time, but it was necessary to replace most if not all skills for the 0.95a version of starsector because skills changed drastically from 1.91 to 1.95 and the TC's features require different skill thresholds among other things. So, Quality Captain's skills/config wouldn't be used unless it also replaces the csv - which at that point there is some kind of load order logic that determines which one is used. I *think* it loads backwards alphabetically as priority? I can't remember.

But anyway, the rule of thumb when running the AO mod is to disable that mod first if something appears to not be working correctly or crashes and see if that resolves it or at least changes anything. If it does, let me know about it on the AO thread first before posting a bug report on another mod's thread and I'll 1) try and reproduce it, and 2) attempt a workaround in a future version, walk you through a workaround or at least offer an explanation as to why the override causing the bug/behavior is necessary.

Really just generally speaking I prefer any questions/concerns that come up when AO is installed come to that thread first and then I can let other modders know if I discover that the bug came from their mod. That way, the chance of false bug reports from TC features is reduced.

Raio_Verusia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2021, 10:37:56 PM »

Really just generally speaking I prefer any questions/concerns that come up when AO is installed come to that thread first and then I can let other modders know if I discover that the bug came from their mod. That way, the chance of false bug reports from TC features is reduced.

Ah yes, that makes sense. I underestimated JUST how much AO changes. 1.0.4 of QC worked seemingly perfectly so I just assumed it was an issue with 1.0.8 which is my bad. I didn't think of going to AO's thread first as 1.0.4 working tricked me lol

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2021, 12:44:16 AM »

Ah yes, that makes sense. I underestimated JUST how much AO changes. 1.0.4 of QC worked seemingly perfectly so I just assumed it was an issue with 1.0.8 which is my bad. I didn't think of going to AO's thread first as 1.0.4 working tricked me lol
That's very understandable and to be honest I probably needed to put "this mod overrides skills" on the main page under the compatibility portion when I released that update. I actually thought I already did that but when I double-checked it doesn't mention it. I might have only included it in the original update post or thought it at one point and then didn't implement it at all and thought I did - which is completely my bad.

I just now updated the main page and I also made an attempt to make this information more accessible before the download button is clicked in any case. I do try to make as many mods compatible as possible, but as a total conversion mod that can be difficult and in this case both mods are doing the same thing - replacing the skill system. Not much I can do about that other than allow the skill-mod to have priority if they use the replace array and if they don't then adding in the disclaimer and otherwise helping users wanting to use the skill mod alongside the TC.

Raio_Verusia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2021, 03:07:54 AM »

Not much I can do about that other than allow the skill-mod to have priority if they use the replace array and if they don't then adding in the disclaimer and otherwise helping users wanting to use the skill mod alongside the TC.

Honestly, I think, after playing with QC without AO for a test, it isn't doing much of anything short of the rearranging of skill tiers (getting rid of it) as the skills are radically different without AO with QC. But I don't want to hijack this thread haha!

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2021, 02:39:27 PM »

No worries about chatter from me. If you end up wanting to play just AO's skills without restriction, you can modify its skill_data.csv yourself so all the skills are set to "1" tier and they'll all be available from the start.

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2021, 04:10:56 AM »

Is there a version that allows you to use the vanilla skills without any tier on them? I really hate a bunch of skills in the middle of the trees.
And I really like the new "D mod be gone" in the vanilla skill system.

edit: I think I was able to do it myself based on what I read above, just set the all the skills to tier1, looks gtg.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 04:25:40 AM by geminitiger »

CorsairZero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2021, 12:12:24 AM »

Dal, for how much crap I give you, I find QC to be one of the best S-mods for SS. Aka "I'm jaded".
Regardless, thanks for a high quality mod and fixes/updates/balancing alongside it.
No puns intended.

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2021, 01:42:35 PM »

For a future update, would it be possible to add the functionality to Coordinated Maneuvers to allow CP regen bonuses for cruiser and capital flagships as well?

margath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2021, 11:14:24 PM »

Is there a solution for Alpha Core Administrator having all skills elite or am I missing something?
I read through the pages and the suggestion to remove #skill_data is not working.
I feel cheated that my Alpha is not elite...

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2021, 03:46:50 AM »

Hello all, for some reason my automated ship seems to be stuck at 26% readiness despite me having the correct skill and I'm trying to track down the mod doing it.
(My battle size is maxed, if that matters)

Anybody else seem to have this problem?

Right now I'm guessing it's between this one and Fleet Size by DP....

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2021, 11:59:18 AM »

Hello all, for some reason my automated ship seems to be stuck at 26% readiness despite me having the correct skill and I'm trying to track down the mod doing it.
(My battle size is maxed, if that matters)

Anybody else seem to have this problem?

Right now I'm guessing it's between this one and Fleet Size by DP....

QC is one of the mods that overrides that skill. You should be able to check your config and customize it as you like if it's this mod. By default your AI ship limit is a factor of your battlesize setting, so very limited engagements may restrict ship choices.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20