Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: [0.97a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.6.0  (Read 211140 times)

Lathrael

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework v1.0.4
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2021, 10:23:56 AM »

That mod is what i was looking for a while, thank you a lot!

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2021, 02:07:05 PM »

Hey thinking of starting a new playthrough with this revised skill tree. Has anyone tested if this is compatible with that faster lvling/higher max lvl mod?

paseyrs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2021, 02:14:49 PM »

would it be possible to make a config that brings back old skills like the supply reduction for d mod ships? thanks in advance

Ixzine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2021, 02:28:19 PM »

Hey thinking of starting a new playthrough with this revised skill tree. Has anyone tested if this is compatible with that faster lvling/higher max lvl mod?

They're compatible, and Quality Captains feels pretty good tbh. I like the "lanes" setting~

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2021, 07:03:40 PM »

After playing this for a while here are some of my thoughts:
Helmsman with the 1% flux is awesome
Standoff Tactics is actually useful now
For the Shield skill, I changed the -10% elite skillback to -20% - only getting 10% seemed expensive for a story point
Phase Mastery, changes are pretty good, but I put the elite up to 50% speed, still a nerf, but again, a story point should be very worthwhile
Nearly every skill change in the leadership tree is spot on, excellent job. Also removing all the deployment point limits on the skills is much appreciated
For Auxiliary Support, I recommend upping the supply % for the elite skill. Unless you are playing a very heavy civilian fleet the stock amount isn't much. I set it to 50% and even then I haven't bothered taking it.
Gunnery Implants, I put the elite skill at 15%. With the ECM change I feel like this is fine and again, story point.
Flux Regulation, thank you for removing the limits there 10% is good regardless of fleet size.
Jury Rigging is a very nice to have for exploration and if you happen to have D ships
Field Repairs is excellent as well

A few random notes, I like all the extra elite options, it's nice to have some bonuses to unlock if I have extra story points. Being able to select two skills previously in the same area is very nice as for instance, I like taking System Expertise, but also Missile Spec.

Tigrextreme

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2021, 07:17:30 PM »

There seems to be a problem with modifying the max number of officers in "Officer Management". I changed    "QC_OM_NUM_OFFICERS_BONUS":5, and toggled "QC_Custom_Leadership":true, but the max amount of officers hadn't changed.

Can someone confirm this problem, please?

HollandOats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2021, 09:35:37 PM »

There seems to be a problem with modifying the max number of officers in "Officer Management". I changed    "QC_OM_NUM_OFFICERS_BONUS":5, and toggled "QC_Custom_Leadership":true, but the max amount of officers hadn't changed.

I tried doing the same thing and had the same result. I tested changing other values and they worked but the one for bonus officers doesn't for some reason.

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2021, 12:07:38 AM »

would it be possible to make a config that brings back old skills like the supply reduction for d mod ships? thanks in advance

Hi, this is already available in the industry skills, I believe it's a Jury-Rigging effect.

I'm using version 1.0.4 but Bulk Transport still seems to be scaling with fleet size. I've tested it with a redownload and no other mods running.

Bulk Transport has a custom implementation that I need to replace for the next build. Right now the fleet scaling values are present but should support arbitrarily large fleets without impact.

Finally checked over everything the skills that need updating are bulk transport, derelict contingent, phase mastery, helmsmenship, containment procedures, and target analysis.
Also I wanted to ask what precisely the complexity modifiers are for field repairs elite effect.

Much appreciated! I'll add sorting these out to the to-do list.

You're right, this was a silly oversight on my part. The code to load that setting is in the current build but isn't called. You should be able to apply the effects right now by going to data/characters/skills/officer_management.json and changing the lines without the "Captains" prefix to include it.
"{"type":"CHARACTER_STATS", "script":"com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.skills.OfficerManagement$Level1"},"
becomes
"{"type":"CHARACTER_STATS", "script":"com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.skills.CaptainsOfficerManagement$Level1"},"
etc.

Hope that helps.
After playing this for a while here are some of my thoughts:
Helmsman with the 1% flux is awesome
Standoff Tactics is actually useful now
For the Shield skill, I changed the -10% elite skillback to -20% - only getting 10% seemed expensive for a story point
Phase Mastery, changes are pretty good, but I put the elite up to 50% speed, still a nerf, but again, a story point should be very worthwhile
Nearly every skill change in the leadership tree is spot on, excellent job. Also removing all the deployment point limits on the skills is much appreciated
For Auxiliary Support, I recommend upping the supply % for the elite skill. Unless you are playing a very heavy civilian fleet the stock amount isn't much. I set it to 50% and even then I haven't bothered taking it.
Gunnery Implants, I put the elite skill at 15%. With the ECM change I feel like this is fine and again, story point.
Flux Regulation, thank you for removing the limits there 10% is good regardless of fleet size.
Jury Rigging is a very nice to have for exploration and if you happen to have D ships
Field Repairs is excellent as well

A few random notes, I like all the extra elite options, it's nice to have some bonuses to unlock if I have extra story points. Being able to select two skills previously in the same area is very nice as for instance, I like taking System Expertise, but also Missile Spec.

Cheers, thank you for the kind words and feedback.

Numenar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2021, 07:04:47 AM »

Hey mate thx for effort.
Overall a nice chance to try something different. Commentary and questions follow:

Each skill should have some negative effect for balance. Like Weapon Drills using supplies/fuel for each military ship because you know they do it in real life not VR.
Each skill should have some flavor elite effect. Maybe +X% shielded cargo for Bulk Transport ?

Can you please explain in detail how using your mod we can Per Skill stick to vanilla effects and values AND/OR add, subtract effects AND/OR change values.
Eg. For #Target Analysis i had do go to "target_analysis.skill" file to disable extra armor dmg
I can't enable combat tree skill override in "settings.json" because it sets all this values to same number:
5% Destroyers
10% Cruisers
15% Capitals
And how do i add 5% to Frigates to the skill as well ? How can i edit these effects to have separate values?

If settings are spread across few files and changing some values can lead to the game not loading then this is not easy.
Is there a way, command or otherwise to quickly apply and test changed settings short of restarting the game ?

Balance, fluff text and immersion is a wholly different and personal thing:
Eg. Weapon Drills ROF ->  Max CR.
Reliability Engineering +15% Max CR -> nothing

Teach us how to use a fishing rod and we will be fishing on our own.
Cheers

Khornaar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2021, 01:23:14 PM »

Dunno if it's an oversight or deliberate, but Alpha core administrators have regular (Non-elite) versions of colony skills which makes them somewhat worse than hired admins.
Non-native English speaker. Please, excuse me if I butcher it.

Tigrextreme

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2021, 08:33:21 PM »

You're right, this was a silly oversight on my part. The code to load that setting is in the current build but isn't called. You should be able to apply the effects right now by going to data/characters/skills/officer_management.json and changing the lines without the "Captains" prefix to include it.
"{"type":"CHARACTER_STATS", "script":"com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.skills.OfficerManagement$Level1"},"
becomes
"{"type":"CHARACTER_STATS", "script":"com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.skills.CaptainsOfficerManagement$Level1"},"
etc.

Hope that helps.

It works now! Thank you.

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2021, 08:37:38 PM »

Small bug I've noticed.  There's some incosnistencies between the settining.ini and the default ability traits.  mainly Helmsman does not give 0 flux boost when not generating flux and target analysis gives +15% damage vs everything other than frigetes.

kerolosheba

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2021, 03:55:03 PM »

very good mod
but I have a question
can I make it that only my character has the modification
I want to make an op playthrough but when I tried every captain had the edited values

PeachPatrol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2021, 07:58:53 PM »

Would enjoy more options in the settings for reverting specific skills to their vanilla versions, especially the damage bonuses from Strike Commander and Wolfpack tactics.

notabot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2021, 09:38:50 AM »

yes please. I would love to just disable the tiers and wraparound. I don't need the skills overhauled at all. Maybe just to fiddle with the values.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20