Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: [0.97a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.6.0  (Read 206251 times)

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework v1.0.4
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2021, 10:47:18 PM »

As I am already in the late game, and want to get a [RADACTED] capital and Quite a strong one, so I tried editing in the settings.json file so that Id have a max value of 50 automated points. But the max value doesn't change. I tried making the QC_AUTOMATED_THRESHOLD_DIVISOR to 4 with a battle size of 200 to have 200/4= 50, it doesn't really affect the skill. What can I do to adjust the max value?
At the top of the file, change QC_CUSTOM_TECHNOLOGY to true.

i am having the same issue, and this didnt resolve it.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2021, 10:27:38 AM »

It might be one of those settings that effects the creation of new campaigns. Those kind of things don't effect campaings-in-progress.

Xanrai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2021, 09:20:06 PM »

It might be one of those settings that effects the creation of new campaigns. Those kind of things don't effect campaings-in-progress.

Not really, experiencing the same problem, and even creating new runs does not display the modified values. And this problem only seems to affect Technology skill tree specifically.

Did a bit of digging on my own to try and see maybe there's some codes not being called, albeit I have too little understanding of SS's structure to even spot any and therefore, didn't see any.

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2021, 12:13:47 AM »

Thanks for the reports all. I have a version in the wings with fixes for all the reported issues along with skill iterations and some new features. I'll try to finish buttoning it up some time this week soon-ish. :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 08:49:31 PM by Dal »

MagicKarpson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2021, 07:40:26 AM »

Is there a way to restore ECM to its original functionality? I have tried editing the setting in the mod files but can't figure out how to do so. If its not possible however, is there a way to add it so my officers on cruisers and capitals boost ECM?

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2021, 10:30:57 AM »

This mod kinda feels like a nerf to everything, i get the sense of "you can pick every skill now" but most of them won't feel as attractive anymore
^^

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2021, 12:04:52 AM »

Is there a way to restore ECM to its original functionality? I have tried editing the setting in the mod files but can't figure out how to do so. If its not possible however, is there a way to add it so my officers on cruisers and capitals boost ECM?
Hi, I think you can restore ECM to vanilla by changing the ECM config as appropriate. No officer ECM score, yes shiptype ECM, max of 20, applied only to range, and the ships set to their old values. I haven't added cruiser and capital configs but it wouldn't be too hard to do.

This mod kinda feels like a nerf to everything, i get the sense of "you can pick every skill now" but most of them won't feel as attractive anymore

If you've only played the current SS patch and forward (0.95+), it absolutely is more evened out and that's very intentional. The skills should still be a notch above 0.91's, however. I want officers to be notable and dangerous, just not savant hero units.

GalmTeamOne

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2021, 12:48:59 AM »

I made my forum account finally so I could explicitly give this mod a resounding endorsement in almost every way. The only oversight I see so far is the AI core problem mentioned above. However you manage to address that is totally up to you, albeit I think it'd make the most sense to adjust it so that human admin skill variance (i.e., has 2 skills but not elite, 1 skill that is elite, 2 skills 1 of which that is elite and 1 not, etc) shakes things up in terms of the RNG department. Then you can justify giving alpha cores all three colony skills that are also elite. In that case the alpha core would be considered a "level 6" admin, and the rare human admin can only go to 3 or 4 tops. (2 skills that are elite, or something.)

Not sure if the whole admin adjustment thing is something you can mess with in the scope of this mod, but it'd be incredible if you managed it.

Kiddin Me

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2021, 05:35:44 PM »

@Dal, I think you may have inadvertently broken the Maneuvering Elite bonus, at least in the 3 sections variant of the mod.

I'd assume that this is meant to be an inclusive or statement. That is: you get the speed buff if you meet either requirement.

My testing appears to indicate that you do not get it in either case:

Zero new flux:

1% flux (zero flux/shields up):

Base game behavior:

The speed boost is granted at 0 new flux generation, even with existing flux.

This is obviously fixable by using the custom combat settings, but I wanted to note that it appears to occur.

Edit: I think that I found it. It's in the Java script, where we're including both criteria, so we inevitably fail one of the two:

« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 05:51:24 PM by Kiddin Me »

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2021, 11:12:14 PM »

Hmm. Good sleuthing. Those mechanics are pretty binary and there's nothing in the API to suggest they'd conflict. Short of a custom implementation, I'll change the default and make a note in the config file. Thanks for the report.

Sun Wokung

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2021, 01:24:27 AM »

Nice mod, very balancing. Thank you for your work.  8)

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework v1.0.8
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2021, 08:48:29 PM »

Quality Captains has been officially updated to 1.0.8! Available from the OP or right here. This is the last anticipated release before the next Starsector patch and brings several bug fixes, iterations, and features.

- Updated Officer Management, Navigation, and Sensors skills to correctly call the customization code
- Tidied up the Bulk Transport skill's effect
- Fixed a duplicated speed effect in Wolfpack Tactics
- Changed Helsmanship's elite effect to only use the Flux Threshold standard by default. Either option can still be switched to but having both enabled at once may conflict.
- Added the Field Repair effect's time factors to settings.json and updated the script with RC14 vanilla fix for hull restoration status.
- Coordinated Maneuvers has been given the ECM treatment: now supplies any combination of speed, maneuver, missile, fighter, and ship bonuses.
- Point Defense now applies only a (configurable) portion of its effects to launched fighters.
- Phase Mastery's speed bonus now varies between hull sizes
- Automated Ships supports a flat limit, if desired. Simply disable linear scaling.
- Addressed a vanilla issue where Energy Weapon Mastery dynamic damage bonuses applied to ballistic weapons.
- Added another "+Damage to ships based on hull size" set to fighters under officers that have the Strike Commander skill
- Also added a bonus for Target Analysis against frigates, though it defaults to +0%. It's there in the settings if you want it for some maniacal reason.
- Also hooked up TA's size based damage bonus to the correct config lines. ^^'
- Restored to Wolfpack Tactics the recovery assurance for frigates commanded by officers.
- Nerfed Crew Training slightly, CR bonus from 15 to 10%.
- Buffed Reliability Engineering with the same 5% max CR, to +20%.
- Nerfed dmod maintenance reduction effect with new multiplier, set to 50% of it was in 0.91a per ship dmod by default.
- Unified values in the code and default config.
- Resolved an override so that QC can now work alongside mods implementing custom skills.

Raio_Verusia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2021, 12:58:47 AM »

Quality Captains has been officially updated to 1.0.8!...

Since updating, does not work. I fixed it though, take a look at your mod_info.json.

"skill_data.csv" line right under replace has a # in front of it. I'm no coder so idfk what it does but not what it's supposed to, I compared 1.0.4's json to 1.0.8 and that was the only difference.

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2021, 04:07:56 AM »

Quality Captains has been officially updated to 1.0.8!...

Since updating, does not work. I fixed it though, take a look at your mod_info.json.

"skill_data.csv" line right under replace has a # in front of it. I'm no coder so idfk what it does but not what it's supposed to, I compared 1.0.4's json to 1.0.8 and that was the only difference.

Hi, can you define "does not work?" I've been testing it for a few days now with that change and having no issues. You can uncomment that line if you need to, just be aware it may break compatibility with a few upcoming mods from other authors.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 04:10:23 AM by Dal »

Raio_Verusia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2021, 05:45:50 AM »

I couldn't get it to do anything, no matter what I did it just refused to initialize anything. Changing optionals, nothing. It's as if it wasn't installed at all, despite being enabled (disabled, enabled again, turned off, saved, uninstalled, installed again, enabled etcetcetc). I don't know, 1.0.4 worked fine drag and drop but 1.0.8 refused to work until I did that so I figured it was an accidental thing left in :o

Edit: It's quite possible maybe Archean Order requires that line un-commented? I didn't think it changed much with skills but maybe I'm wrong there?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 05:48:33 AM by Raio_Verusia »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20