Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Enemy ships with s-mods should recover with no d-mod  (Read 1574 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Enemy ships with s-mods should recover with no d-mod
« on: April 17, 2021, 12:01:03 PM »

Enemy ships with s-mods should have their s-mods eliminate d-mods they could have had (1 to 1), and if at the end there are more s-mods than d-mods, the recovery should be guaranteed.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy ships with s-mods should recover with no d-mod
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 12:11:34 PM »

Still wouldn't make them worthwhile. At that stage of the game you can afford pristine hulls. Just let us recover ships with s-mods intact. S-mods are infinitely grindable anyway, this will merely save time and sanity for people who do lategame bounties. Hard challenges should have good rewards, and in the post game the only good reward is fancy ships.

Ad Astra

• Captain
  • Are Reapers strawberry flavored?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 12:20:13 PM »

I like the idea of almost always being able to recover them, even if it requires a story point sometimes, you still win when they have more than one s-mod.
Getting those ships sounds like a very nice reward to fighting such a fleet.

Also I think restoration in general should be cheaper and even more in so your very own colony (even further when you have heavy industry), that would make d-mods less painful in a s-mod salvaged ship. Changing those special modifications to more general ship improvements XIV style, would make finding such ships less of a hit or miss issue (now you can find ships with relatively useless stuff in-built).
You can park your spaceship anywhere you want if you get along with pirates

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 04:04:23 PM »

Useful S-mods are rare qualities on ships that aren't always desired, and the ships aren't always an easy recovery. So it takes THREE dice rolls to get a ship, get a good ship, and get a good S-mod on that ship.

At that point? I mean. Just let the player have it. All the more reason to be excited about battle salvage.

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 04:51:18 PM »

I think I ran into this myself just in my first game with the s-mods disappearing during battle recovery.

It's a bit odd though since I have found in both my playthroughs a single s-modded ship that you could recover (Revenant with 2 s-mods in first game, Phantom with 2 s-mods in the second game); so clearly you can recover s-modded ships through salvaging recovery, just not through battle recovery.

As bobucles pointed out s-mods aren't always ideal, and since they aren't removable you may even find yourself with a desired ship you don't have the blueprints for, but because it has undesirable s-mods that you can't remove, you end up wishing for a d-modded version so that you could at least restore it and make use of it with your own story points.

Would agree here with Amoebka that we should just be able to recover the ships with s-mods intact.