Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Look at that marine required number  (Read 2663 times)

Anvel

• Commander
    • View Profile
Look at that marine required number
« on: April 16, 2021, 12:18:41 AM »

Realm

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Look at that marine required number
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 01:06:44 AM »

68k pay and all you need is the largest standing army in the sector? What a deal!

Xeltek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 01:27:45 AM »

The required army of marine will Eat through that rewards and then some just from their wages alone.  ;D

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 01:54:50 AM »

Are you extracting a person or stealing the whole planet?

Anvel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 02:26:04 AM »

Another one ;D

TuxedoCatfish

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 02:26:56 AM »

What causes it to scale like that?

I know with trade missions the mission generator looks at the size of your cargo hold and picks a number you can carry -- do you have crew space in your fleet for 31,000 marines?

Anvel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 02:30:25 AM »

My god here is total champion

Anvel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 02:32:30 AM »

I know with trade missions the mission generator looks at the size of your cargo hold and picks a number you can carry -- do you have crew space in your fleet for 31,000 marines?
Pirates sitting on my planets keep targeting my other planets in the same system, some of them have like 70k defense ratings.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 02:35:38 AM »

Pirates sitting on my planets keep targeting my other planets in the same system, some of them have like 70k defense ratings.
The scary part is that 70K is tame compared to the nonsense numbers you can get if you invest fully into creating a completely impenetrable fortress of doom.

And it'll still pay less than it costs to hire the entire Hegemony to raid your own colony good gods...

TuxedoCatfish

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 02:36:10 AM »

Oh, okay. That's weird but the number of marines itself is ultimately sensible, then, even if the lack of scaling payout (and being sent to raid yourself) is pretty silly.

Scorpixel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 04:04:42 AM »

This scenario is killing me.
"Hey man, i know me and my buddies have been harassing your trade convoys and attacking random civilians for fun, but look at what i got here, no less than 50 bucks! It's all yours if you punch yourself in the face, set fire to your own people and open the prison door so that me and my best bro can get back to raiding, pretty please?

Chthonic One

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2021, 04:31:15 AM »

This scenario is killing me.
"Hey man, i know me and my buddies have been harassing your trade convoys and attacking random civilians for fun, but look at what i got here, no less than 50 bucks! It's all yours if you punch yourself in the face, set fire to your own people and open the prison door so that me and my best bro can get back to raiding, pretty please?
The best part is, even if you got those troops together, you can't even raid your own colony. You don't even get the option to.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2021, 09:25:43 AM »

I want to see the fleet that carries 120,000 marines.  I want to see it actually formed, crewed, flown to pick them all up, then flown to the raid.  I will be singularly impressed.

TottiTheTurtle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2021, 12:50:27 PM »

Is 120 000 marines even possible with only 30 ships? Gotta pump up those numbers,those are rookie numbers :)

Chthonic One

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2021, 12:54:37 PM »

Is 120 000 marines even possible with only 30 ships? Gotta pump up those numbers,those are rookie numbers :)
Why do people thing they are limited to 30 ships.

Heck, why do people think they are limited to the crew that their fleet says they can hold?

Just bleed supplies.

Can you even lose your last ship?
Pages: [1] 2