Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Field Repair and Derelict Contingent makes no sense to be together  (Read 4865 times)

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Field Repair and Derelict Contingent makes no sense to be together
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2021, 08:58:16 AM »

Field Repairs and Derelict Contingent are on the same tier... as they should be so that you don't accidentally take both... As they're pretty mutually exclusive. So this isn't much of an issue

HOWEVER it is kind of annoying that if you want to double up on industry for the top tier colony bonuses that you MUST take both FR and DC. Which kind of leads me to believe that FR and DC should be the capstone abilities. That way you only get both if you really want them.

I also don't think that the industry capstones are that good. They're both very specialized. So its not exactly a huge loss to move those things around either.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2021, 09:32:20 AM »

Imo, whole doubling-up thing doesn't work. There are very few cases where drawbacks aren't too massive to even consider doing it (Tech 7 for high tech and Combat 8 for Odyssey), and industry tree is definitely not one of these exceptions.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2021, 10:02:06 AM »

The problem with colony skills is they eventually become obsolete.  They are fun to use before that point.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2021, 10:08:20 AM »

The problem with colony skills is they eventually become obsolete.  They are fun to use before that point.

Yea. I would probably put those colony skills in particular earlier. Or rework them. The marine raid effectiveness one is probably as good as advertised though.  Especially if you want to take stuff from the core worlds.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2021, 12:27:51 PM »

What I dislike about Ground Operations is it is blocked by permanent officer skills that cannot be unlearned.  If not for that, I would seriously consider dabbling in Leadership for Ground Operations and other skills (like Wolfpack Tactics) because I raid a lot and +2 stability can be substituted for +1 to colonies.

That part is worse than the Industry 4 conflict because I can at least respec Industry away.  I cannot respec officer skills away.

Even if colony skills become obsolete, I will not say no to free money or supplies by sucking pirate bases dry like a vampire through raids.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 12:29:32 PM by Megas »

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2021, 04:01:25 PM »

Even if colony skills become obsolete, I will not say no to free money or supplies by sucking pirate bases dry like a vampire through raids.

The raiding stuff is so brokenly OP. I was trying it out and was running a Pirate base raid rotation, it's just free money. I bet it gets nerfed.
Pages: 1 [2]