Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Limit numbers of enemy officers  (Read 1403 times)

Drazan

• Captain
    • View Profile
Limit numbers of enemy officers
« on: April 16, 2021, 05:18:28 AM »

This have been said before in a lot of posts, but i havent found one neither in suggestions nor in general. So I make one exclusevly for this one here.

With officers and frigates being lot more stronger now it has become really really unfair that enemy fleets can have unlimited numbers of officers. This has made slammel ships much harder to kill and not only made fleet battles harder, but the real problem is that it made it much longer and therefore more costly.

There should be a limit, maybe it should be higher than the one for the player, but this much is just unfair.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Limit numbers of enemy officers
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 05:28:54 AM »

They should obey the same limits as the player.  If mercs need to be removed or restricted, so be it.  I rather see mercs removed than the enemy cheat with officers as they did with ships before 0.9.1a.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 10:38:09 PM »

NPC officers do have limits (albeit probably too high, it can go up to 20 depending on faction).
Except for certain fleets, which are coded to have officers on all ships. These include the derelict bounty (all difficulty levels), the Remnant+dorito bounty (all difficulty levels), and... possibly all level 10 bounties. Alex why??

Mordodrukow

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 01:45:39 AM »

I agree.
I think, something around 12-14 enemy officers should be enough. And, may be, some unique bounties (like totally redacted alpha-fleet with 4D commander) may break this rule.
Spoiler
[close]