Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: !!SPOILERS!! Hardest bounty in the game?  (Read 5483 times)

tseikk1

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
!!SPOILERS!! Hardest bounty in the game?
« on: April 15, 2021, 05:30:05 AM »

Is this the hardest bounty in the game, or are there harder ones?

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: !!SPOILERS!! Hardest bounty in the game?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 06:33:53 AM »

At least the extra-redacted doesn't have story point mods. Wonder if there's a setting to make the bounty repeatable.

oooh_senpai

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 10:31:07 PM »

Does superredacted from these bounties drop weapons?

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 02:35:02 AM »

Does superredacted from these bounties drop weapons?

I'm pretty sure it does!
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 02:58:48 AM »

anyone know how to get this bounty? i've been doing lots of the best-paying bounties but so far nothing.

do i have to complete the story? wait X amount of years before it spawns?

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 03:08:45 AM »

anyone know how to get this bounty? i've been doing lots of the best-paying bounties but so far nothing.

do i have to complete the story? wait X amount of years before it spawns?

It's probably a combination of the two. I've seen it spawn in my first 0.95 campaign after I did all the story stuff and fought the Dorito Force, while I'm sitting at year 224 in my second campaign and have yet to see it, which probably has to do with me not having activated the portals or fought the Star Hairpin Gank Squad yet.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 03:12:24 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 07:07:38 AM »

I got offered it by a contact pretty early in my campaign and had to say no because there was no way to win it at that point. I haven't seen it again since, I'm hoping that I didn't lose the chance to fight it.

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2021, 07:09:56 AM »

I got offered it by a contact
so it won't just appear in the bounties section of the intel screen i have to get it as a quest?

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2021, 08:48:13 AM »

Its a random bounty from any of your contacts. No need to be even aware of the story. However I never got it as a first bounty mission so I think that you have to do several normal missions first. Personal bounties doesn't count.

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2021, 12:09:10 PM »

How does it compare to the following Derelict Fleet bounty? Much more difficult?

Intel:
Spoiler
[close]

Before battle:
Spoiler
[close]

I just did this one, being at the end of my second campaign. I declined during first campaign, and earlier during second campaign because I figured my fleet wasn't ready.

(haven't yet encountered the third ship shown in the first post)

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 12:52:42 PM »

How does it compare to the following Derelict Fleet bounty? Much more difficult?
That particular derelict bounty is actually trivial once you know the trick:
Spoiler
See the white star on the...Bastillon? Okay, not the name I thought it had. Either way that white star ship is the only ship you have to defeat in order to clear the bounty. Everything else you can leave to wreak havoc on unexpected explorers and you'll be paid in full for a job well done. Well, you'll want to clear enough ships to get a clean getaway, but other than that kill the white star ship, retreat, job done. AI might never even get the chance to deploy those Guardians with some luck/if you play your cards right.
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2021, 12:58:22 PM »

I got offered it by a contact pretty early in my campaign and had to say no because there was no way to win it at that point. I haven't seen it again since, I'm hoping that I didn't lose the chance to fight it.

Just for clarity: you have to actually complete it for it to stop being offered. So even if you accept it and then it expires, you should still get it again at some point.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 01:03:52 PM »

Spoiler
See the white star on the...Bastillon? Okay, not the name I thought it had. Either way that white star ship is the only ship you have to defeat in order to clear the bounty. Everything else you can leave to wreak havoc on unexpected explorers and you'll be paid in full for a job well done. Well, you'll want to clear enough ships to get a clean getaway, but other than that kill the white star ship, retreat, job done. AI might never even get the chance to deploy those Guardians with some luck/if you play your cards right.
[close]
The real reward for killing the Tesseract boss is its weapons, not the bounty.  I do not care much about credits once I have a fleet that can beat that.  I do want more rare weapons that cannot be mass produced.

Player needs to win the fight to loot.  Run from battle and loot is lost.

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2021, 01:21:08 PM »

Good point, that's one way to deal with bounties. On a regular bounty like, say, with a dozen Conquests or Atlas mk2, I may leave one (non-flagship) capital escape and consider job done. Get the reward, pack the loot, all good.

On the other hand the way I deal with derelicts and remnants is no prisoner 100% destruction and/or careful disconnect of all AIs from any energy sources and communication devices (you never know with these things!). Because higher chance of rare/precious loot... and more importantly specifically looking to complete a challenge.

Also I thought this one was more interesting than the lone Guardian ship I used to encounter in the previous version of the game. Lone Guardian can be flanked. Several Guardians with large supporting fleet of tough ships is another story. Maybe this was already in previous version and I skipped it.

(later this week I'll ask my contact and see if the bounty shown in first post now pops up)
Pages: [1] 2