Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.97a] Grand.Colonies 2.0.e - More Building Slots - Scrollbar Edition  (Read 309841 times)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Save Compatible

Pairs well with Industrial.Evolution

This mod adds allows you to build more buildings on a colony. It has two modes: Scrolling (default) and Pages (legacy).
With the base settings, there is a 10% compounding upkeep penalty for every structure above 12 - this can be adjusted or disabled, check the FAQ.

To install the mod, simply download the .zip file from the link above, unzip it in your Starsector mods directory, and enable it in the launcher.

This is safe to add to ongoing games, and it will break saves if removed.

There are currently no known compatibility issues with other mods.
Yes, this means it is compatible with Terraforming and Station Construction.

{Default} Images - Scrollbar

[close]
{Legacy} Images - Colony pages

[close]
Images - Conditions

"Current Building Page" condition only appears in Legacy Mode

Cramped Infrastructure appears in both modes unless disabled

[close]

{Default} FAQ

How does this work?
The mod adds a scrollbar to the industry screen. When you get to the last row, it'll be available to scroll down. Simple as!

What does "Cramped Infrastructure" do?
If you build more than 12 buildings in a colony, you will get an upkeep penalty. "Cramped Infrastructure" is the condition that tells you how much it is. Penalty applies to the total upkeep paid in the colony. This can be disabled or changed in the settings.

How does that penalty calculate?
Penalty ^ Amount of Buildings over the limit (example: penalty 10%, 5 buildings over the limit, 1.1^5 = 1.61, which is 61% more upkeep)

How do I disable the penalty?
Go to Grand.Colonies\data\config\settings.json and change GrandColonies_AddPenalty to "false". Do note that I personally found the penalty feature rather interesting, since it makes you re-think your placements on high hazard planets.
[close]
{Legacy} FAQ

How does this work?
When pressing Q (or whatever button you specified in settings.json), while docked at a colony, this will hide the buildings on the current page and "switch" to the next page.

Do my buildings vanish?
No, they are still there, just invisible.

How do I move a building to the next page?
Right click it, then click "move to next Page". That's it!

I can't toggle when remotely accessing the colony?
Yes, this is a vanilla limitation that I can not fix. The scrollbar will appear instead, so you can access all your buildings.

When does the third page appear?
The third page appears when you got 8 buildings on the second page.

When does the fourth page appear?
The fourth page appears when you got 8 buildings on the third page. See a pattern yet? No? I am so sorry.

How do I change the toggle button?
Go to Grand.Colonies\data\config\settings.json and change the key, it's self explanatory.

The icon turned into a small warning sign and pressing Q doesn't do anything.
You can not toggle between pages in when not docked at the colony. This is a vanilla limitation and I can't fix it, sorry! The scrollbar will be visible in this case, just scroll down.

The icon turned into a burning yellow warning sign! What!?
It does that if you can't toggle anymore because all the windows are filled with stuff that can't be hidden. Usually, it will go back to normal if you let the buildings be built, but if it does it while you have nothing in the build queue, please report it here.

The icon turned into a question mark?
How did you exceed 9 pages? How is your game not dying?

A building keeps showing up on both tabs?
This can happen if the building does not use the latest vanilla code for the "isHidden" method. Report it to the mod author and tell them to update their industries to the latest API implementation.
[close]

Change Log
2.0.e
  • Adjusted - Version Update

2.0.c
  • Fixed - Massive performance improvements, removing any noticeable stutter
  • Fixed - Cross-mod issue with Specialized Industries from IndEvo, causing them to become invisible

2.0.c
  • Added - Version Checker support
  • Fixed - Endless duplicated of CrampedCondition spawning
  • Fixed - Crash on Mac & Linux
  • Fixed - Some rare crashes (Page Full...)

2.0.b
  • Fixed - Default - Crash on certain systems

2.0.a
  • Added - Default - Adds a scrollbar to the industry list: No more Pages. (Made by Lukas04 - thank you!)
  • Added - Legacy - Pages are now "legacy", there is a setting to toggle the modes
  • Added - Legacy - Button to move building from one page to the next
  • Added - Legacy - Now displays the scrollbar when remotely accessing the colony so you can see all your stuff
  • Fixed - Legacy - Crash when abandoning a colony
  • Fixed - Legacy - Crash when opening colony at a governed planet
  • Fixed - Legacy - Buildings getting added to second page by default

1.1.a
  • Added - Can now have infinite pages (next page appears when 8 buildings are on the last one)
  • Added - Images for up to 9 pages and a dummy one from then onwards
  • Adjusted - Mod info for new version
  • Adjusted - fixed packages and class names
  • Adjusted - Condition now changes immediately to display status without needing a refresh

1.0.d
  • Adjusted - Mod info for new version

1.0.c
  • Added - Indicator showing if page toggle is possible
  • Adjusted - now also toggles the page if "Q" is pressed instead of "q"

1.0.b
  • Fixed - No longer crashes if a market is abandoned
  • Fixed - No longer crashes if a market is founded, changed, then transferred

1.0.a
  • Added - Initial Release
[close]
Attribution / Acknowledgement
Lukas04     Co-Author: Contributed the scripts for the scrolling panel which make up most of the mod today.
SirHartley     Co-Author: Made the initial mod, page mode, art ect.
[close]

Ask before using my code. Do not reuse or modify my images - see attribution!

« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 03:12:22 PM by SirHartley »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: 0.95a Grand.Colonies - More Building Slots
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 03:26:40 PM »

Oh very cool. Nicely done!

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
  • Do you exist in your dreams?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 03:30:08 PM »

Just wanted to say, this is exactly what i need! Thanks for making this mod.
Wish you luck and good day, Sir!

123nick

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 03:31:09 PM »

Will this support Boggleds terraforming and Industries? their updated too 0.95, but idk if they, as you say in the FAQ, use the latest API implementation.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 03:34:14 PM »

Will this support Boggleds terraforming and Industries? their updated too 0.95, but idk if they, as you say in the FAQ, use the latest API implementation.

I did not test it, but it probably will. It does support Industrial Evolution, even without update.

Revontulet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Grand.Colonies - More Building Slots
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 03:40:52 PM »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY THAAAAAAAAAANK YOOOOOUUUUU

Jasticus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 03:43:07 PM »

This looks interesting. Perhaps as an alternative to the compounding upkeep, there can be yet another building or option that lets you reroute some production to support the colony's dense infrastructure? Like a universal -1 to all production for every 4 structures added. (EDIT: starting with building 13)

Also - for those that choose to fiddle with settings that still allow colonies to get up to 10 pop, the increase in population could also offset the personnel shortage and reduce the upkeep by 1 or 2 for every level increase. So at 7 pop, building 17 would be ^3 rather than the 6 pop ^5.

It might be beyond the scope of what you intended, and money isn't usually an issue later, but it just got me thinking and I thought I would share. Thanks for the mod! Definitely gonna try it out.

Balefries

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2021, 05:39:39 PM »

Ooh, this is a very neat and useful mod! I guess it's time to watch other factions invade my worlds with a planetary shield, heavy batteries, and high command, all improved and have alpha cores.

ShpunkY

• Lieutenant
  • Just another piece of ***
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2021, 06:20:56 PM »

welp guess i don't have to make it now

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2021, 10:27:32 PM »

is this compatble with butter colony?

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2021, 10:41:06 PM »

Thanks!
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2021, 12:45:36 AM »

This looks interesting. Perhaps as an alternative to the compounding upkeep, there can be yet another building or option that lets you reroute some production to support the colony's dense infrastructure? Like a universal -1 to all production for every 4 structures added. (EDIT: starting with building 13)

Also - for those that choose to fiddle with settings that still allow colonies to get up to 10 pop, the increase in population could also offset the personnel shortage and reduce the upkeep by 1 or 2 for every level increase. So at 7 pop, building 17 would be ^3 rather than the 6 pop ^5.

It might be beyond the scope of what you intended, and money isn't usually an issue later, but it just got me thinking and I thought I would share. Thanks for the mod! Definitely gonna try it out.

Will add a scaling option. Not a fan personally, since it should be the other way around (colonies make more money they larger they are, thus, gameplaywise, the mod should add more penalties the larger the colony is to balance that out).

is this compatble with butter colony?
Got any bread?

Michihiri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2021, 12:59:34 AM »

OMG... SOMEONE'S FINALLY DONE IT!!!!

(Btw is there anyway to have a 3rd or 4th panel? I wanna try and see how many industries I can fit in one planet with mods like Industrial Evo, DIY Planet, and Terraforming platforms)

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2021, 01:20:07 AM »

yes! i was hoping for something like this ever since i installed console commands to make a super colony with all the buildings. Let me just second the request of Michihiri for more than one page so that i can view everything.

thank you for making this!

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2021, 01:54:47 AM »

Third page - maybe in the future, once I know how stable 2 pages are and if there are any issues with gameplay.

For now, it'll stay at two
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10