Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Supply Mission instantly "completed"  (Read 1632 times)

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
Supply Mission instantly "completed"
« on: April 14, 2021, 09:03:39 AM »

accepting supply missions, usually to early because of the colony overhaul, they sometimes run out, which is bad. however, when I am actually able to supply the desired amount of resources, for some reason it just instantly goes "completed", giving me relationship while not paying a single bit. that is what happens if i accepted the mission and later got the colony. accepting a mission while i already have a colony with say, 5 fuel causes it to go to what I believe is suposed to be the normal thing where it says "paying x per month" but then, either at the next(few) days or the months end it becomes "completed" as well and, no money for me. just wanted to note it here as i thought it was more common and that there would be another bugfixing update soon(heh) but, I guess i just write this here

I am using the latest version of the game and no mods(at least untill now, time for nexerelin). thank you for creating this game btw, sunk a lot of hours into it(with mods tho tbh, but now with the quests even more)

also, as a side note, destabilzed jump points caused by experimenting with that...drive...thing never seem to stabilize. and i used one near my colony... maybe an ability to use an AI core to stabilize it would be nice

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Supply Mission instantly "completed"
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 10:09:47 AM »

Thank you for the reports! The supply mission issue is fixed for the next build. Aware of the jump-points issue; the fix for those is a bit tricky so holding off on that until the bigger 0.95.1a release, which'll take longer to put out.

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 04:09:23 AM »

Thank you for the reports! The supply mission issue is fixed for the next build. Aware of the jump-points issue
well, that is good to hear! also thank you for your time and responding. i know it might seem a given but often is not
holding off on that until the bigger 0.95.1a release, which'll take longer to put out.
oh, so we are getting a new update eventually? if i may ask, do you have a timeframe for that? also, any already existing change log(for the upcomming update) in terms of possbile new features and balancing or will it be purely bugfixing
also, umm, a sugestion: how about making the skills that give the you abilities also improve said abilities(specifically transverse jump and neutrino detector) considering you will have both later on anyways and those are just, sort of, early acces to them

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 04:14:34 AM »

also random thing because I do not know a lot about this site, how do i stop getting "replies" even after I've read the reply to my comment on posts that are not mine(say i comment once on nexerelin, but it shows me everything all the time)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 08:52:55 PM »

also random thing because I do not know a lot about this site, how do i stop getting "replies" even after I've read the reply to my comment on posts that are not mine(say i comment once on nexerelin, but it shows me everything all the time)
You might have hit notify (at top/bottom of thread) by mistake, hit unnotify to undo it:

If it's happening on every thread, go to Profile -> Modify Profile -> Notifications and Email

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 05:29:17 AM »

You might have hit notify (at top/bottom of thread) by mistake, hit unnotify to undo it:

If it's happening on every thread, go to Profile -> Modify Profile -> Notifications and Email

thing is, I have this with basically every post. in the setting the option to be notified of everything is turned off, and I have definately not missclicked on basically every post i replied to. so i do not know what causes it. also it shows as a "notify" option under every post, so it must be turned off

sorry in case I sound weird in this reply, i haven't slept well