Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Accidentially locked myself out of the rest of the Galatia Academy storyline  (Read 1762 times)

humbleaicore

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Firstly, this is my first post here since I made an account to try and rectify this issue, so sorry if I leave anything out.

I had started the Galatia Academy questline quite late into the game, as I had built up several colonies before beginning. I was able to complete the first few actual Galatia Academy Quests, until I completed Finding Coureuse and was left without any other mission. I tried talking to the contacts in the Galatia Academy, doing Sebastyn's missions, as well as going to previous mission locations incase I had missed something, but to no avail.

I (rightly, as it turns out) feared I might've locked myself out of something. After looking in the forum here, me possibly having destroyed or otherwise messed with the Aztlan relay at some point in time likely locked the next mission I was supposed to get involving the Kallichore Archive. However, as my save file is on iron mode, I'm unable to revert my save to a previous state that would help with this issue. Is there anything I can do to access the next mission or would I simply have to begin a new save? I have the latest patch and it's a vanilla save if that helps.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Oh man, this isn't trivial. OK, so.

1. Make a backup of your save
2. Go to your save file, open campaign.xml
3. find "aztlan_relay"
4. under that, you'll see a <me and <d open tags.
5. Between the open and close tags of the <d> add these lines:

Code
<e>
<st>$gaFC_installHack</st>
<st>true</st>
</e>

Then reload your game and do the interaction. I *think* that'll work.

(Also this will be fixed for the next patch.)

humbleaicore

• Ensign
    • View Profile

It didn't seem to work when I changed the campaign.xml with that. Is there maybe something else I could try to change to give myself the mission for the Kallichore Archive thing? If not, thank you for helping regardless.