Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Finding Coureuse - Stuck  (Read 6744 times)

Jazuke Taizago

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Finding Coureuse - Stuck
« on: April 14, 2021, 03:32:54 AM »

I picked the Exploration option. Thinking that'd be more fun, to figure things out and learn how to do some detective work. However...

There's no way to keep track of information or logs. Place and time. Meaning i have to have a crystal clear memory (i don't have that) of ever single detail. I managed to get to Groom/Gloom? Bridge Habitat and mentioned something about...some kind of beam/trail to somewhere???. By then, it was stated i just needed one more proof to point at the Archon at the Laicaille Habitat. At least that's what the game is pointing at.

I tried to talk to random people at the Bar at Kaptayn Steelworks (if the name is right) and asked around about the person i'm looking for. Some pirate person by the name of Diziet Elysion walked up to me and talked about me something regarding that i was bad undercover cop and mentioning some weird mumbo jumbo that COULD'VE been considered connected to the Quest i'm doing. However, she/he/it??? Appeared as a Contact, up to 5 i could get, and i have no idea how permanent that is, nor if this person has any connection to my Quest at all, despite coming up as a "!" icon. Not wanting to waste my 5 Contact Slots, i just ignored it and didn't touch it. If anyone says this person has connection to any important Quest, such as the one i'm doing, it'd be good to know.

Right now. I'm just randomly flying around and trying to figure out if i missed something or forgot something. I'd love to get any help or hints. You don't have to tell me everything, just point me in a general direction and i should be able to figure it out easily.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Finding Coureuse - Stuck
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 04:46:46 AM »

You found part 1 at Groombridge, you need part 2 from K. Starworks.

At K. Starworks, you talk to someone at the bar, then you talk to one of the station bosses on the board (who may not have a quest ! on his head).  You may need to bribe him to get the information you need.

You do not need to develop a contact with the guy at the bar.

This particular quest was a pain to stumble through.  Now I want to wipe the League of the map for their insolence.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 04:49:02 AM by Megas »

Jazuke Taizago

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 05:33:53 AM »

Thank you so much! I shall do exactly those things.

I believe if they had a menu somewhere, perhaps at Intel Section. For keeping track of conversations and information of notable importance there, similar to a notebook, so you'd remember details that were either important, key or useful and so on. That'd help Players a lot in case you either forgot something or wanted to keep track of things. This way, you actually would help players be much more involved with detective work and exploration. Rather then picking the least annoying and headache Quests and choices.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 05:39:40 AM »

That part feels more like a detective game, and it felt jarring compared to the rest of the game.

And the only help intel did was tell the player to stay in the system.  Actually, I looked through to star chart looking for a system named Groombridge (like in Star Control 2), until I found the abandoned station named Groombridge in the system.

This quest is easily one that can block or frustrate players.

P.S.  I almost raided K. Starworks for the usual high-value commodities and trade shenanigans, thinking I only needed to deal with the League.  I did not in case I needed to talk to pirates.  That would have been a block (cannot visit bar if player did hostilities recently).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 05:42:59 AM by Megas »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 06:00:48 AM »

Hacking the local comm relay also works as a piece of evidence AFAIK.

Jazuke Taizago

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 07:02:49 AM »

Hacking the local comm relay also works as a piece of evidence AFAIK.

I didn't know that. Thanks! I'll keep that in mind for future reference.