Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: 1337 Starsector Ship Rankings [SHIP TIER LIST GONE WRONG]  (Read 10537 times)

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 1337 Starsector Ship Rankings
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 03:35:47 PM »

What, no modded ships? I'm appalled. Shame on you sir, good day!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 03:40:30 PM »

Where's the Falcon(P)? Did 5's across the board crash your spreadsheet?

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 04:10:31 PM »

Where's the Falcon(P)? Did 5's across the board crash your spreadsheet?

From my testing SO Gryphon removed some of the viability for Falcon(P), specially in the Strike departament.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 04:17:57 PM »

While I mostly agree, I don't really understand how the scarab and tempest get 2's for strike, especially while omen gets a 3. They can both use all the same weapons as the omen and have better ship systems for bursty damage.

Also, I think you overrate the falcon a lot.

Hellya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 04:18:52 PM »

Yup, that looks about right.

Every high ranked ship is what my fleet is exclusively constructed of. Mostly just Dooms.

Soda Savvy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 04:26:25 PM »

Apogee is clearly a 3/5/3/5/4. Doom's overrated, it's just an Afflictor with a 'Press F to blow things up' button.

And how are some of the frigates so high on Sustained when frigates run out of PPT so fast?

No Prometheus MK2?

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 04:40:49 PM »

Monitor 2 on sustained? Seriously?
I’m sitting in a monitor with 12 minutes PPT that’s not sustainable enough?
It’s also the best player bait ship in the entire game, attracts 60-100 DP of enemy fleet without sweating.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Hellya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 04:50:22 PM »

Apogee is clearly a 3/5/3/5/4. Doom's overrated, it's just an Afflictor with a 'Press F to blow things up' button.

And how are some of the frigates so high on Sustained when frigates run out of PPT so fast?

No Prometheus MK2?

The Doom is way beyond an afflictor with more than just a "Press F". However, that press F allows you separate ships from a blob (herding). The loadout options on a Doom are Chad, afflictor loadouts are minimal and so beta. Doom can take a hit, the afflictor is a joke here. The Doom can be used by AI because of the bombs, AI afflictor is dead. Doom is faster than any non-phase frigate, hit phase and speed around for 3 minutes at a time.

So no, Doom is god, the afflictor is flaccid. Get a Doom already. There is no ship better. It has all the speed, way more punch, more OP for more selection, more armor, amazing herding (bombs), an ability to hit wherever it wants (bombs), fighter disintegrators (bombs), more flux for longer phasing, more hull, and your mom thinks its hot.

The afflictor is not even worth capital letters.

Soda Savvy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 05:04:11 PM »

The Doom is boring to play specifically because of all of those things. With the Afflictor you at least have to do some planning for a fun fight.

Hellya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2021, 05:07:49 PM »

The Doom is boring to play specifically because of all of those things. With the Afflictor you at least have to do some planning for a fun fight.

Maybe so, but that doesn't make then the same or even on the same play field. You can win a 200+ k bounty with a Doom alone. You cannot do that with an afflictor.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2021, 05:17:12 PM »

I can't speak from personal experience, but there were people who soloed everything with afflictors last release, and they only got better. I'm pretty sure you can still solo most of the fleets in the game with afflictor.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2021, 05:18:53 PM »

Pather Cerberos > all

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 05:19:39 PM »

Laughs in harbinger triple phase lance delete enemy without thinking. What doom.

Non-officer afflictor is actually a very effective support vessel. For some reason the F range is very far and can easily light a target into pain and suffer.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Hellya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2021, 05:30:26 PM »

I can't speak from personal experience, but there were people who soloed everything with afflictors last release, and they only got better. I'm pretty sure you can still solo most of the fleets in the game with afflictor.

That is not the discussion, I will entertain the thought though. Since the update we have been introduced to mega fleets full of officers. As a guy that has piloted many afflictors in the day I can tell you they won't be soloing this. They were worth the effort prior to the good Doom.

The discussion was about how the afflictor is like the Doom. It is not. It is a one trick pony where is the Doom is the cream of the crop swiss army knife. The Doom can take on anything and everything. You will need to change it out for a fresh one on the massive battles though. There is just nothing else that can fill its role, it can fill all the others though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4