Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Why are the Remnants Fleets so busted this patch?  (Read 10846 times)

arthas1250

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Why are the Remnants Fleets so busted this patch?
« on: April 11, 2021, 05:44:59 PM »

this is ONE fleet of remnants in a high danger system, im genuinely at a loss of words at how silly they are to fight now, i can barely kill the crappiest of Ordos and my fleet is as end game as it gets, 1 paragon, 2 XVI onslaughts and 2 Astrals full with Flash Bombers (from clearing the medium systems), all with fitting officers and 3 S mods each, i can't deploy anything else because the DP point limit is 240 now, i use 3 afflictors specd for speed to get all the points as soon as the battle starts because otherwise you get 160 wich is even worse, last update i used to do 3 paragons + 2 astrals and i didn't have any issues but the nerf to DP doesn't let me deploy that many ships anymore and the nerf to the astral system is a big deal, yet i can't find any other ship that can deal as much damage as it

the AI officers have all the skills and at elite level aswell, so they are superior to your officers, my ECM rating is always negative because of this too and since they deploy more ships i just get swarmed and the radiants are so incredible tought i can't kill them before i have 5 tachyons blowing my ships to bits

my question is what is the best fleet composition to clear these damn systems, i can't think of any, i have like over a dozen colonys, have all the blueprints for every ship and my income is trought the roof, yet i cannot clear these damn things constantly or without suffering crippling loses every single time, i genuinely don't know what to do or how i should be playing

the new secret weapons are nice but they are so limited in quantity i can't make a proper loadout for my ships so its of no real help either

Kpop

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Why are the Remnants Fleets so busted this patch?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 08:42:54 PM »

Um. Flash bombers aren't good lol.

Use crossbows and daggers instead.

TuxedoCatfish

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 09:14:40 PM »

The answer is basically phase ships and ECM support. If you're ever losing the ECM war start by clearing out enemy frigates and other trash ships with officers in them, that will gradually tip the scales in your favor. Avoid the Radiants until you max it out in your own favor.

I usually clear Ordos in a Doom, and then the rest of my fleet is Apogees and Omens (both specced for tanking, they're mostly just there as distractions), and then Harbingers (and maaaybe some more Dooms, but I try to stick to 180 DP and that's hard to budget for) to help me actually deal damage and kill things.

Capital ships are for cracking stations, I don't bring them to hunt Ordos.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 09:20:40 PM »

That is a big fleet... I wonder why I don't see them that big, mine are all 1 and 2 radiants and I've been hunting a lot. Maybe I need a different system or something, i've noticed that different systems have different difficulties, even though they have the same ping rating.

Anyhow, Remnants are very hard this patch because they get so many elite officers (and because their ships are excellent) and because they are hyper aggressive: they will swarm the heck out of anyone! I find that I need to have a certain amount of raw numbers to deal with them: the numbers don't all need officers even, I just need more bodies on the field so that the Remnants don't gang up so much.

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 09:23:29 PM »

Its a medium one. You will know the truly busting one when you see a certain hullform in the list.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 09:36:19 PM »

Well I have fought those, but I wasn't really counting those fleets here tbh.

oooh_senpai

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 10:18:19 PM »

I deploy piloted doom only (have 5 spare ones due to ppt), kill all of the ships up to cruiser size (and maybe some capitals too, but it became harder to kill them in this patch since you have much less time to place a bomb right inside them then they are teleporting), then capture all the points, cause ai only captures them once. Then deploy my 2 tachion paragons, work best with doom assist, 12 thunder wings (i use herons), enough to emp-lock one radiant until there are some of them close to each other so pds don't leave a chance to fighters. And i still need to distract half of the radiants.
Seems to me like remnant fleets are made to make you feel bad. Every time i try to deploy my ships first they just get swarmed and killed, 2-3 hammerheads are enough to kill capitals,, but 3 hammerheads will get blasted by remnant cruiser. So there's no even a chance for my fleet to do something on it's own.

Arakasi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 01:38:57 AM »

People really need to re-configure what they mean by a 'good fleet' in this patch in order to be able to take on Remnants like these ones without having to resort to cheese. Because of skills, more ships is not better. Because of skills, more capitals is not better (and arguably, capitals as a category like carriers are not good).

I've posted this in multiple threads, but here's my setup for beating Remnants, notice I don't go above 240DP (max deployment at battle size 400) to get the most out of skills, and notice the only capital I use is the Radiant because it is fast enough (I even put Unstable Injector on it) to move away from the mass of Remnants.

Spoiler
[close]

The end-game threats in this patch are hard, you need to act like you're in the AI fleet building contest and either play the meta (SO, DC, Phase), or do as I did and come up with a fleet that counters what the Radiants do. With this fleet I can (barely, starting to run out of CR) defeat the second highest tier bounty I saw, which was pretty much this fleet but with full Alpha core usage and more Brilliants. Just a matter of keeping control of as many objectives as possible while setting their Radiants to 'avoid' and picking off any ships that break away from the main mass. Ideally later splitting up the Radiants when they no longer have enough supports to stop them being surrounded.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 03:01:56 AM by Arakasi »

jwarper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 07:47:11 AM »

Are you using any mods, and did you increase the fleet size in options?

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2021, 08:08:28 AM »

I've seen that raising battle size to 400 work great for some people, despite needing to fight two radiants/even more at once... the extra DP makes the fight easier. But for size 300 battles where you can only get about 150-180 points to work with, its a tight squeeze

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2021, 02:41:45 PM »

[Redacted] with installed [Redacted] + [Ludd disapproved Redacted] MAX LEVEL OFFICER along with a few crossbows to win flux war + a bunch ECM officers with frigates like monitors or afflictors to tank and amplify damage.

That is end game fleet. Can kill 300K hecta capital fleet in under 8min with no losses.

End game is more op than ever. Heck you don't neven need to worry about dmods anymore.

I guess the only challenge it can't beat is stacked remnant fleets...

« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 02:44:24 PM by Linnis »

NaniByte

• Ensign
  • Why are you here? Where will you go?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2021, 03:46:32 PM »

Edit: I figured out what the problem is. It's not that the ships are too strong, it's that because they have so many officers if the form of AI cores, they will always have 60% deployment. You can't get as many officers as they have AI cores, BUT you can use your own automates ships with AI cores because they count as officers. These ships won't be able to fight but you don't need them to. This will insure that you have 60% deployment. From there is trivial. Just capture the points. Get some cheap fast frigate to able to capture undefended points later in the battle when you thin out their forces. Also bring a Doom or two and you should have no problem killing the remnants and getting that Radiant for yourself.  It's worth all the trouble. Some more anecdotal tips I'm not sure help but I set the Radiant to Avoid and leave it for last when it can be surrounded. Bring the max number of ships you will take losses if it's a nasty Radiant load-out.

This patch is my first time fighting Remnants. They seem to be by far the strongest enemy in the game. I'm basically done with the rest of the game as I have all the blueprints, infinite money and I took all the nanoforges and syncotron cores from all the factions so they can never fight back. I say this to prove I have a basic grasp of the game. But defeating a Remnant Ordo, seems to be beyond me.

I tried stacking Paragons, Paragons with support, low-tech ships spam, carrier spam... The only thing I haven't tried is a phase ships fleet because it seems cheesy but I guess I will have to. It's just seems to me that pound for pound they have the best ships period. Even if I have a DP advantage they will just take the strategic points way before me. If I try to counter with my own fast ships they just die. The sub-ordos can be killed because you can just outclass the ships with Capitals. But once a Radiant is present to anchor the fleet it's over.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 09:27:08 AM by NaniByte »
We look like we are fighting each other, but really we are fighting ourselves.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2021, 07:58:10 PM »

The officers make them strong. They're like tissue paper without them.

isyourmojofly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 06:58:14 AM »

Apparently the secret is just to have more officers of your own

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2021, 08:40:29 AM »

Officers got more powerful than before, I think. Remnants have tons of them and they're all super high quality.
Pages: [1] 2 3