Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Possibly unintentional loot tables discrepancies.  (Read 1081 times)

Khornaar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Possibly unintentional loot tables discrepancies.
« on: April 11, 2021, 07:43:44 AM »

It was first observed by me when playing with mod "DYI planets", which adds several colony items (but it was since traced to vanilla).
Those modded colony items dropped more often than vanilla ones.

To test that, I've set up exponentially scaling tech mining colony (my assumption is that loot tables for derelict salvage and tech mining are the same, or at least similar).

New game, many mods
[close]
New game, many mods, minus IndEvo(not that it matters).
[close]
New game, Vanilla+Devmode
[close]

Alpha core used as measuring stick.
As can be observed here, it's not the mods that are affecting droprates of the new colony items.
I'm obviously cannot explore whole sector every time, so it's theoretically possible that it's intentional that Tech-mining disfavors Colony items drop overall and i will find missing items more often in derelicts, but it doesn't explain overabundance of Synchrotrons and Corrupted forges over other items.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 07:46:49 AM by Khornaar »
Non-native English speaker. Please, excuse me if I butcher it.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Possibly unintentional loot tables discrepancies.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 09:25:54 AM »

Ah - the drop table for tech mining is indeed *very* different. (Perhaps it shouldn't be or it should be different in another way etc etc), but I'm not seeing a bug here.

Edit: on second thought, while it's working as "intended", it's probably still not correct and ought to give the other items more of an equal shot. Made a note!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 02:28:17 PM by Alex »

bonerstorm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 03:44:42 PM »

Are you sure that they're THAT different?

In my most recent playthrough, I've gone through most of the main story and scoured every red-alert system with a fine-toothed comb... have not found a single pristine nanoforge but I'm drowning in corrupted ones. At this point I'm about ready to just steal one so my colonies aren't constantly importing.

Might be RNG, but my experience would make a lot of sense if pristine nanoforges are at least 3x rarer than any other item in the game in this version.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 03:49:44 PM »

Hi - per the sticky, I'd really appreciate it if you could keep not-specifically-bug-related posts in this subforum to a minimum. If there's extraneous stuff, it makes it harder for us to keep track of things and make sure nothing slips through the cracks. Thank you!

bonerstorm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 09:29:21 PM »

Hi - per the sticky, I'd really appreciate it if you could keep not-specifically-bug-related posts in this subforum to a minimum. If there's extraneous stuff, it makes it harder for us to keep track of things and make sure nothing slips through the cracks. Thank you!

Sorry for missing the sticky and for being bitchy in general...

I LOVE your game, man. Been checking regularly for over a year hoping for a new update and this one blew my expectations out of the water. Keep up the amazing work!

This is my last off-topic comment. Scout's honor!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 09:36:42 PM »

I LOVE your game, man. Been checking regularly for over a year hoping for a new update and this one blew my expectations out of the water. Keep up the amazing work!

This is my last off-topic comment. Scout's honor!

Thank you! <3 No worries; just have to make sure this board stays clean, but absolutely no hard feelings or anything like that :)