Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Quick balance suggestions after extensive play with 0.95  (Read 455 times)

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
Quick balance suggestions after extensive play with 0.95
« on: April 10, 2021, 10:52:25 PM »

1. Raiding with marines and Valkyries + ground operations is very overpowered. You can just roam around the core worlds pillaging and making fat stacks. Additionally, it is too easy to pillage core worlds into oblivion in the early-mid game with a decent fleet and 600 marines + 6 Valkyries.

- On the other hand, the balance of detection / stealth and speed, etc., is very well-tuned IMO.

2. Trading huge amounts of resources/supplies/etc. between systems (or between your own waystation and the core worlds) is an overpowered method of making money. It makes the game too easy, IMO.

3. The rewards for bounties are rarely worth it when fuel costs are considered, especially in the late game when you have a decent fleet size.

4. [REDACTED] fleets with high officer counts are extremely difficult. Maybe this is a good thing, as challenge is increased? Even with frigates darting around and capturing points, it seems that these high-warning system [redacted] fleets (even those with only one radiant) are almost unbeatable by anything other than well-equipped paragons and a handful of other combinations. Now alpha cores are much more precious.

I really love 0.95. These are just some small balance observations.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Quick balance suggestions after extensive play with 0.95
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 11:06:11 PM »

Black market price drop speed should be at least tripled to prevent bulk smuggling.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Arakasi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Quick balance suggestions after extensive play with 0.95
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 12:50:39 AM »

I would like it if some of the more valuable worlds had (similar to what is in Nex, I believe) had a handcrafted fleet that was on-par with some of the higher-end bounties, story-pointed ships, balanced according to the skills, etc. Except that they would refuse to leave the vicinity of the spaceport so you can't simply lure it away from what it's there to defend. Make it a real end-game challenge to loot the best stuff in the game from some of the most powerful factions.