Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.95a] Beyond The Sector - Endless Randomized Systems  (Read 170735 times)

Kentington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Beyond The Sector - Endless Randomized Systems
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2021, 07:10:21 AM »

Hey there, been a while. I've finally found room to breathe amidst the series of disasters that is 2021, and took the time to solve some of Beyond the Sector's most notorious bugs. Most notably, the end-of-month calculations will actually proc when you're in a distant sector, and distant systems no longer drastically shift the Sector's center-of-mass resulting in bizarre Accessibility stats.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2021, 07:37:29 AM »

Please don't abandon this mod, it has the potential to be more essential than Nex :P
^^

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2021, 09:29:55 AM »

YAY, Kentington isn't dead.

And there was much rejoicing...
I wasn't always a Judge...

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2021, 10:32:57 AM »

It's alive!
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2021, 11:14:20 AM »

Welcome back!

Please consider sharing your git repo in case in the future you don't come back :/ 

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2021, 11:34:31 PM »

oh no, he left again.
^^

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2021, 08:32:47 AM »

are there... known incompatabilities with certain mods?

on top of my head id assume things like diy planets and industrial rev could create issues

Valikdu

• Lieutenant
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2021, 04:13:41 AM »

Burning question: can I tow away "normal" cryosleepers found in the sector?
My Dwarf Fortress Mod: DESOLATION 1.5
My Channel: V. S. Cosplay

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2021, 04:20:14 AM »

Burning question: can I tow away "normal" cryosleepers found in the sector?

Nah, that's specific to those you get through the quest added by this mod. Here's the important part of the OP for your question:
When in a foreign sector, planets that generate with Vast Ruins now have a chance to include a special mission. You'll know it by the distress signal. Securing the cryosleeper requires lots of marines, or a story point and an alpha core (not consumed). If you manage to actually repair and launch it, at tremendous cost in supplies, fuel, and heavy machinery, it will be added to your fleet

In other words, you need to be in a foreign sector to make it work.

Khornaar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2021, 02:50:30 AM »

I've noticed a weird interaction between tech mining industry and this mod.
If tech mining is "improved" with story point, and you are in a "unknown" star system at first day of the month, then tech mining will generate several months worth of loot, depleting itself faster. It doesn't seems to occur with non-improved industry. Nothing game-breaking, just weird.
Spoiler
[close]
It's only becomes concerning, if tech mining depletion is turned off. ("techMiningDecay":1) But who would do that?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 04:26:40 AM by Khornaar »
Non-native English speaker. Please, excuse me if I butcher it.

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2022, 01:04:08 AM »

If tech mining is "improved" with story point, and you are in a "unknown" star system at first day of the month, then tech mining will generate several months worth of loot, depleting itself faster. It doesn't seems to occur with non-improved industry. Nothing game-breaking, just weird.
Spoiler
[close]
It's only becomes concerning, if tech mining depletion is turned off. ("techMiningDecay":1) But who would do that?

It's not just that, the production queues that you have will also get finished. I had an order for 2m worth of stuff, and with 225k production, it should've taken 8-10 months to finish. I believe tech-mining adds a secret production order that draws from a random pool. Likewise, one of the terraforming mods adds an industry to 'mine' AI cores.

I went away for a month or two, and when I returned I had like 50 alpha-cores, my not improved tech-mining was empty, and my order was finished. I trashed the ship, dumped the cores, and covered the whole dig-site up of course :D I guess these distant gates are not just taking us far away in space, but also in time :D

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2022, 12:22:38 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

It's not just that, the production queues that you have will also get finished. I had an order for 2m worth of stuff, and with 225k production, it should've taken 8-10 months to finish. I believe tech-mining adds a secret production order that draws from a random pool. Likewise, one of the terraforming mods adds an industry to 'mine' AI cores.

I went away for a month or two, and when I returned I had like 50 alpha-cores, my not improved tech-mining was empty, and my order was finished. I trashed the ship, dumped the cores, and covered the whole dig-site up of course :D I guess these distant gates are not just taking us far away in space, but also in time :D

Is this why I get spammed with 0 income monthly reports?

I noticed that if I go to an unknown sector and I have colonies in the persean sector. If the month ticks over in the unknown system then I get spammed with 0 income and monthly production reports. If I only spend a portion of the month in the unknown sector then my monthly income is reduced, seemingly proportionally to the amount of the month I spent outside the persean sector. I also have active tech mining and kletka simulators.

Sincronic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2022, 05:13:43 PM »

Friend and me seem to have the same issue, but we aren't sure 100% it's this mod (more like 98%). I play with nex, he without, and most of our mods are same.

After we unlock the endless systems from gate options, from that point onwards, game will freeze at certain point, on first of january after monthly report for colony, or maybe on 1st of some other month, but it defo happens on january for both of us. If we dont unlock the systems, nothing bad happens. Freeze happens even after reloading game several months backwards, at same point, effectivelly perma screwing your save.

It happened at least on 7 different saves for both of us before we concluded to not unlock the systems, and since then we're fine. Did anyone else experience the same thing? (It worked fine on 0.95a iirc, but after 0.95.1 update no)

p.s. i checked logs, and there is literally never any error or any sort of exception at the break point

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2022, 12:56:41 PM »

Friend and me seem to have the same issue, but we aren't sure 100% it's this mod (more like 98%). I play with nex, he without, and most of our mods are same.

After we unlock the endless systems from gate options, from that point onwards, game will freeze at certain point, on first of january after monthly report for colony, or maybe on 1st of some other month, but it defo happens on january for both of us. If we dont unlock the systems, nothing bad happens. Freeze happens even after reloading game several months backwards, at same point, effectivelly perma screwing your save.

It happened at least on 7 different saves for both of us before we concluded to not unlock the systems, and since then we're fine. Did anyone else experience the same thing? (It worked fine on 0.95a iirc, but after 0.95.1 update no)

p.s. i checked logs, and there is literally never any error or any sort of exception at the break point

When reloading the game, did you try full game restarts? I sometimes will have the game just tank in FPS until I restart if I've been playing for a while.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11