Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.95a] Beyond The Sector - Endless Randomized Systems  (Read 169876 times)

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Beyond The Sector - Endless Randomized Systems
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2021, 04:42:51 AM »

First off, love the mod.

Interesting issue though:
After a little while of using it, I exited the gate into a neutron stars system. After exploring it, I went back to the gate and instead of waiting for it to come out of the beam, I just eburned at it, activated it, got blown out of the gate, and now I'm stuck in an episode of the 90's TV show Sliders, cursed to forever wander between randomised star systems never able to return home, and when I hit return to sector, I end up back in the neutron star system, not my home system.

Apparently its just under 13mil 13bil fuel to use the gate to get home normally..

Any ideas how I can get home? or do I have to setup home on the 1 planet in the cursed remnant infested neutron star system, and try to save up 13 million billion fuel..
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 06:21:29 AM by Avatar »

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2021, 04:48:24 AM »

In that case you should probably use console commands to give yourself infinite fuel and attempt to use the gate

Viktor Soprano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2021, 07:15:00 AM »

If you happen to have the Console Commands mod installed, you can use the "sethome" command followed by the name of a planet of your choice (one of your colony, perhaps, or some other core world planet) and then use the "home" command to instantly teleport there. JAL28's approach could also work.

Dread Lord Murubarda

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2021, 01:27:03 PM »

First off, love the mod.

After a little while of using it, I exited the gate into a neutron stars system. After exploring it, I went back to the gate and instead of waiting for it to come out of the beam, I just eburned at it, activated it, got blown out of the gate, and now I'm stuck in an episode of the 90's TV show Sliders, cursed to forever wander between randomised star systems never able to return home, and when I hit return to sector, I end up back in the neutron star system, not my home system.

Apparently its just under 13mil fuel to use the gate to get home normally..

Any ideas how I can get home? or do I have to setup home on the 1 planet in the cursed remnant infested neutron star system, and try to save up 13 million fuel..

1. I love Sliders.
2. congratulations, you have become starsector, forget about everything you've left behind, this is your home now, just make sure your crew don't splinter off in different factions trying to kill each other.

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2021, 06:19:33 AM »

In that case you should probably use console commands to give yourself infinite fuel and attempt to use the gate

Googling Star 'Sector Console' it only comes back as a mod? Is there a console outside of the 'Console Commands' mod?

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2021, 06:30:53 AM »

Googling Star 'Sector Console' it only comes back as a mod? Is there a console outside of the 'Console Commands' mod?

The mod is what you want.

Viktor Soprano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2021, 07:48:24 AM »

Can confirm we were both referring to https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4106.0. I'm personally not aware of an ingame console.

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2021, 12:07:14 PM »

First off, love the mod.

Apparently its just under 13mil fuel to use the gate to get home normally..

Any ideas how I can get home? or do I have to setup home on the 1 planet in the cursed remnant infested neutron star system, and try to save up 13 million fuel..

1. I love Sliders.
2. congratulations, you have become starsector, forget about everything you've left behind, this is your home now, just make sure your crew don't splinter off in different factions trying to kill each other.

If there was a homeworld style mothership that acts like a mobile colony, being stuck roaming random gates forever does actually sound like a playthrough in its own right.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2021, 01:28:13 PM »

the random gate run sounds like fun, actually
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Dread Lord Murubarda

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2021, 01:49:24 PM »

If there was a homeworld style mothership that acts like a mobile colony, being stuck roaming random gates forever does actually sound like a playthrough in its own right.

this could be  work, something like a special hole with a very low chance to appear, you enter it and then  you need to fight your way through 10 consecutive holes before you go back home.

there could be all sorts of side-quests in those holes.

the hole would stay open for a while in case your fleet isn't ready for such a long journey.

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2021, 07:03:39 PM »

It would be interesting if there was an option to actually enter hyperspace, disconnecting the gate and leaving the Persean Sector forever, kinda like a "rebirth" of sorts and maybe even an unofficial ending.

Maybe eke out an existence scavenging supplies/fuel from wrecks, or start a new empire by founding colonies that trade with each other.

Grow your empire into a massive giant rivaling even the Hegemony.

By pure chance, find a gate back to the Persean Sector.

Wage bloody war against the entire Sector. Human, AI, all will be ashes.

Abominable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2021, 11:25:02 AM »

Greetings. First off, thanks for this mod, along with DIY planets. Just wanted to know if the new quest strictly vast ruins. There seem to be very few of those. I mostly get scattered, or widespread.

Alenvire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2021, 06:49:58 PM »

I know this mod is in a bit of limbo. But, is it safe to install and play, if I don't use it at all? (new save, this is a long way off, lol) Also, would you say its safe to use if I have a back up save before going into any gate to be sure I don't get a bricked save?

I want it installed and I want to carefully use it, should it be fine?

gmind

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2021, 04:22:07 AM »

Probably a dumb question, but how do you go about deleting the "return gates" from previously visited systems? I'm starting to have a sizeable backlog in my game.
Spoiler
[close]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2021, 11:44:43 AM »

I have a bug to report. In light of what was said here:
Probably a dumb question, but how do you go about deleting the "return gates" from previously visited systems? I'm starting to have a sizeable backlog in my game.
Spoiler
[close]

I then went into my gates log to see a return gate listed, which I haven't noticed before. I also noticed that you can click show on map, which will bring that system back up. I tried to lay in course for the return gate, and then my screen turned black and the game began to lag horribly(this is what happened every single time after the first, while the first time my game just straight up crashed). My distance was "NaN + 3" and I was unable to move or lay in course to another system to fix it. I was essentially soft-locked.
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11