Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.95a] Beyond The Sector - Endless Randomized Systems  (Read 169879 times)

Kenshkrix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Beyond The Sector - Endless Randomized Systems
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2021, 08:48:11 PM »

I've run into an interesting problem, after I went to another sector and came back whenever I use a story point to assist in a ground raid I am teleported to an active gate.
Regular ground raid to disrupt an industry? No problem.
Ground raid to disrupt an industry, using a story point? Teleported to active gate.

The ground raid does in fact happen, and it does give me loot and/or disrupt industries.
Strangely, though, it doesn't count towards a mission if I've been hired to disrupt an industry, despite the fact that I obtained loot and the industry was in fact disrupted.

AFAIK none of the mods I'm running have anything to do with gates other than this one, but frankly I can't see how this kind of glitch even occurs.
Kind of baffling really, anybody else run into anything like this?

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2021, 04:50:54 PM »

this mod looks absolutely epic. but reading through i saw the bugs, have they been addressed?

Lorkhan4E201

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2021, 06:38:23 PM »

Great mod, not enough doritos
Needs more doritos
9/10

Nameless

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2021, 09:25:47 PM »

this mod looks absolutely epic. but reading through i saw the bugs, have they been addressed?

Modder had been absent from the forum since Mid April. I doubt this mod is being worked on.

Lorkhan4E201

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2021, 06:45:53 AM »

I sure hope it's still being worked on. Anyone found the cryosleeper yet?

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
  • Do you exist in your dreams?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2021, 06:44:53 AM »

Nice! Another beautiful mod to fullfill my need for late-game content!

KarlianaVonMauser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2021, 07:34:04 AM »

I sure hope it's still being worked on. Anyone found the cryosleeper yet?
Well, i found the cryosleep after i finish the academy quest, it was my first gate as well after the quest. So it's just the chance of finding one.

DividedSpleen23

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2021, 08:04:55 PM »

Is anyone else having difficulty with acquiring the Janus Device? I started a new game as a solo frigate with the free start option and the device didn't spawn in my cargo upon loading the game. I ran a few tests, and I can't determine if there is any way to actually guarantee the Janus Device spawns in your cargo holds. The first game I played with this mod loaded the device in a randomly generated Nexelerin sector, and subsequent testing showed that it would sometimes load and sometimes NOT load in a default sector.
Other than that, great mod! I had a blast hunting down all the gates and them hopping about from my far flung colonies.
EDIT: So I took a look through all the mod files to see if I could find the item ID for the Janus Device and load it into my game with console commands, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Does anyone know the item ID for the gate scanner?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 08:29:20 PM by DividedSpleen23 »

Kenshkrix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2021, 09:47:56 PM »

Is anyone else having difficulty with acquiring the Janus Device?
EDIT: So I took a look through all the mod files to see if I could find the item ID for the Janus Device and load it into my game with console commands, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Does anyone know the item ID for the gate scanner?
The Janus Device is a vanilla item that is awarded during the Galatia Academy questline.
Its ID is "janus", you can obtain it using Console Commands with the command "addspecial janus".

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2021, 12:34:09 PM »

Figured out why the not-pirates are appearing in main sector and fighting the pirate faction.

Remove the "makesPirateBases":true, tag in beyond_red's faction file, so they don't spawn pirate bases.

thank you. now to find out how to remove them from a save

Audun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2021, 08:05:20 PM »

I've run into an interesting problem, after I went to another sector and came back whenever I use a story point to assist in a ground raid I am teleported to an active gate.
... anybody else run into anything like this?

Yes.

Puffer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2021, 03:09:57 AM »

*sorry for bad english*
I want to report some bugs : 1) return gate got register in the intel so I can look into the generated star system map that I've already left. the game went not responding when I click "show planet info" or trying to open sector map after "lay in course" to one of the planet in the generated system.
2) heg ai inspection seem to happen instantly while I was exploring the generated system.

MeinGott

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2021, 01:59:09 PM »

Two weeks into first 095 playthrough I realised I rolled a bad seed and immediately began wishing for some talented individual to take up on this development :(

ceemeeoh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2021, 05:33:36 PM »

I've looked at the code in a mental debate to taking this up (or at least forking it and attempting some bug fixes), simply because it solves a lot of end-game problems and offers some additional routes of continuing plays.  Short of extending the size of the sector, this seems like a logical and solved problem in re: other games.  Trouble is, the code's a bit hacky and I can see why it's got the bugs it does - you really need some other tools at your disposal API-wise that just aren't out yet.  I'll keep poking.

MrMagolor

• Lieutenant
  • So-called translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2021, 06:30:32 AM »

It seems like the mod isn't compatible with the special salvaging events/derelict stations from Industrial.Evolution, though I'm not sure which mod would have to change to fix that.

Interestingly, planets can spawn with the Old Industrial Ruins from that mod though; obviously you can't use them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11