Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.95a] Beyond The Sector - Endless Randomized Systems  (Read 169922 times)

cptshitacular

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Beyond The Sector - Endless Randomized Systems
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2021, 02:21:54 PM »

also if u visit a foreign sector and don't survey the planets then sometimes a blueprint mission guy will give u the blueprints in the sector you already left if that makes sense

i think it's happening with the general survey missions, too

[attachment deleted by admin]

Grey Enigma

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2021, 08:03:20 PM »

I ran into that bug that puts accessibility into the negative billions if you help a colony get set up while in a random sector. Completely ruined that run! Mostly my own fault for not backing up saves, I know, but still no fun. If this isn't fixable in the mod itself, maybe add a warning or something?
May your toes grow long and hairy!

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2021, 12:24:48 AM »

Can we get a mod version compatible with 0.9.1 as well ?
^^

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2021, 04:50:34 AM »

Can we get a mod version compatible with 0.9.1 as well ?

Same here!
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

cptshitacular

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2021, 01:04:28 AM »

i seem to have found another bug. somehow, taking a trip into a new system *** with the income from all your colonies.

during a month when i'm not hopping into foreign systems, my colonies are passively bringing in around 1 million credits. if i spend any meaningful amount of time in a system beyond the sector, even if i'm not still inside it when the new month rolls around, the income generated by all my colonies tanks. i'm not certain but i think it's tied to the colony exports

KCR

• Lieutenant
  • If it's not fun, why bother?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2021, 11:55:21 AM »

Seems like a cool idea, but i don't quite understand the requirements for this mod to work. Can someone please explain what i exactly need to complete first in order to access this out of sector systems?

belone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2021, 12:41:58 PM »

You need to complete the main story quest to get the janus device, once you have it you need 5000 fuel and go to any gate and you can travel into a random new system.

KCR

• Lieutenant
  • If it's not fun, why bother?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2021, 01:14:37 PM »

You need to complete the main story quest to get the janus device, once you have it you need 5000 fuel and go to any gate and you can travel into a random new system.
Yea, about that...
Just started to investigating what the new version brought, have played quite a time, but still don't actually know where to find any clues or even story missions. Maybe some advices on how to come across those story missions, because i am really interested in investigating the opportunities this mod could give.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2021, 01:20:22 PM »

Visit the Galatian Academy in Galatia and they will give story quests.

Phantasia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2021, 04:09:17 AM »

BtS has an interaction with Legacy of Arkgneisis which causes the intel board to keep references to LoA bases that are no longer accessible once the system is despawned.
DMing Gwyvern I'm led to believe that the LoA market script works within a close range to the core worlds.
If the generated systems are placed further away from the core worlds then LoA shouldn't create bases that become inaccessible once the system despawns.

EDIT: For those that want a workaround this problem, using the SetMarketOwner console command and abandoning the market worked for me.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 06:09:10 AM by Phantasia »

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2021, 04:12:04 AM »

BtS has an interaction with Legacy of Arkgneisis which causes the intel board to keep references to LoA bases that are no longer accessible once the system is despawned.
DMing Gwyvern I'm led to believe that the LoA market script works within a close range to the core worlds.
If the generated systems are placed further away from the core worlds then LoA shouldn't create bases that become inaccessible once the system despawns.

Honestly I would recommend spawning these fake systems far off the map altogether, it shouldn't matter since they're accessed via gate it shouldn't matter but having these systems exist within the standard sector bounds will create issues with any script trying to locate random locations at the campaign layer.

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2021, 05:46:15 AM »

Good day. I apologize in advance for using google translate.

The modification is amazing. Let's hope that it will gradually grow with additional unique quests and opportunities. But while there is one question - random systems have never got (already more than 30 trips) Domain prode, Domain survival ship and Domain Mothership - is that what you intended?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2021, 09:37:51 PM »

Figured out why the not-pirates are appearing in main sector and fighting the pirate faction.

Remove the "makesPirateBases":true, tag in beyond_red's faction file, so they don't spawn pirate bases.

Gadon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2021, 09:30:41 PM »

I'm not getting the query to jump to a random star system when i approach a gate, only to travel to another gate i've activated. How can i make a jump beyond the sector?

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2021, 02:09:40 AM »

Honestly I would recommend spawning these fake systems far off the map altogether, it shouldn't matter since they're accessed via gate it shouldn't matter but having these systems exist within the standard sector bounds will create issues with any script trying to locate random locations at the campaign layer.
I would also advise adding a tag to any systems generated by this mod, that other mods can look for to ignore for various special mechanics.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11