Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.95a] Beyond The Sector - Endless Randomized Systems  (Read 169887 times)

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Beyond The Sector - Endless Randomized Systems
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2021, 03:11:54 AM »

cool this mod is epic

one bug: tried emergency burning into a gate with a neutron star and i got knocked out before the warp happened and when i returned the connection was severed and it took 28177777172 fuel to return to galactia LOL

yes so basically if u warp in the blast of a neutron star u are stranded forever and die

also for cryosleeper i didnt have any marines in my fleet but it still allowed me to access it with a ground assault (it said i lost 378 marines but i didnt have any marines)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 03:15:36 AM by Satirical »

Droll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2021, 04:05:19 PM »

one bug: tried emergency burning into a gate with a neutron star and i got knocked out before the warp happened and when i returned the connection was severed and it took 28177777172 fuel to return to galactia LOL

The exact same thing happened to me as well. I attempted to save myself using the "goto" console command from that mod but alas, the game crashed the moment I opened the map.

I will also say that instead of immediately trying to return to my sector I made a random jump through the new gate, which worked as it sent me to another random sector but when I used the return gate there it returned me to the neutron star random sector and I was still stranded from my sector.

TLDR do not try to use the return gate while it is inside the pulsar beam. You will die.

D00D

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2021, 04:20:39 PM »

There's a bug with the Faction of Pirates invading from beyond the sector, the game confuses them with the regular vanilla pirates and are creating Pirate Bases that raid people that are friendly to everyone and hostile to the vanilla pirates.

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2021, 08:19:21 PM »

So, funny story, I ran into the random planet encounter where you can give a population a hundred supplies and machinery to create a new Independent colony and out of the goodness of my heart I went and did it. Then I went and bought and sold stuff from their market and because I was a super bleeding heart I even activated the in-system comm-relay for them in the hopes that there were other polities nearby that would hear them. So I got home and all the planets had negative a bajillion accessibility for, in retrospect, bloody obvious reasons. I reloaded the save and all was well again, but it was a good lol of a bug.

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2021, 10:12:46 PM »

Followup: Apparently the dorito systems with several fleets of doritos don't generate them with the usual no retreat tag so I got to enjoy the entirely new experience of pursuing one.

Thorgon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2021, 07:45:35 AM »

So, funny story, I ran into the random planet encounter where you can give a population a hundred supplies and machinery to create a new Independent colony and out of the goodness of my heart I went and did it. Then I went and bought and sold stuff from their market and because I was a super bleeding heart I even activated the in-system comm-relay for them in the hopes that there were other polities nearby that would hear them. So I got home and all the planets had negative a bajillion accessibility for, in retrospect, bloody obvious reasons. I reloaded the save and all was well again, but it was a good lol of a bug.

ran into this aswell but i saved my game before i realised and now i cant revert to a previous save is there a way to fix it?

rusty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2021, 08:25:46 AM »

ran into this aswell but i saved my game before i realised and now i cant revert to a previous save is there a way to fix it?
you can use "Console Commands" mod and teleport using the command goto "GoTo Corvus" will teleport you to Corvus system

Thorgon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2021, 08:47:34 AM »

you can use "Console Commands" mod and teleport using the command goto "GoTo Corvus" will teleport you to Corvus system
how does going to corvus help me?

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2021, 11:40:37 AM »

Try founding a colony in the sector proper? Other than that there's probably a line in the save file about where the center of the sector is or something? Good luck, let us know if it works.

belone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2021, 07:53:06 AM »

The maps of the despawned systems never get removed from the gate intel tab, if you try to set a place in that system as a destination after it's been deleted, it'll put the needed fuel to reach it, the distance to it, and the time required to get to it to the 32-bit integer limit (2,147,483,647), if you access the hyperspace map while this is active your game will crash.

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2021, 07:26:21 PM »

had this happen somehow wtf

also if u visit a foreign sector and don't survey the planets then sometimes a blueprint mission guy will give u the blueprints in the sector you already left if that makes sense

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2021, 07:38:45 PM »

I feel like the luxury and domestic items could have their prices pumped up a little bit, for being you know, out of sector rare-ish schtuff.
Also, love the little bit at the start, super well written.

rusty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2021, 01:41:30 AM »

how does going to corvus help me?

I thought u were stuck in another sector,nvm.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2021, 01:06:46 AM »

The replayability potential of this mod for any playthrough is unfathomable, this is such a cool idea. Even just being able to open randomized systems with REDACTED and loot in them is already big.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2021, 01:41:21 AM »

The replayability potential of this mod for any playthrough is unfathomable, this is such a cool idea. Even just being able to open randomized systems with REDACTED and loot in them is already big.

Honestly, I had already looted everything in my previous game this would have prevented me from save quitting *sigh* maybe I can see a 0.91a version but as mentioned the demand isn't great enough for it.
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11