Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: [0.95a] Beyond The Sector - Endless Randomized Systems  (Read 169907 times)

Fakalljakall

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Beyond The Sector - Endless Randomized Systems
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2022, 09:19:01 AM »

How often does the creator takes breaks from updating this mod? I like very long games and prolonging the exploration with this mod is just what I need so I'm kinda sad to know this is happenning.  :'(

I sincerely wish the creator the best and hope he brings back this mod from the deep.

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2022, 09:46:34 AM »

From what I've heard, he's currently working on his own game. So I guess his mods here won't be updated any time soon.

Coil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2022, 10:17:12 PM »

From what I've heard, he's currently working on his own game. So I guess his mods here won't be updated any time soon.

Damn, I hope he comes back soon :(

yanseshandian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2022, 06:18:41 AM »

This mod won't clean up the galaxies it created, does anyone know how to do that manually?  :'(

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2022, 09:27:44 AM »

You can't, actually. It'll eventually crash your game.
That's one of the reasons why you shouldn't use this mod, no matter what.

DeCell

• Ensign
  • Fenasi Kerim
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2022, 01:50:59 PM »

Can you say the game?

SpiderPsycho

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2022, 08:41:53 AM »

Anyone experiencing an issue where they can't park a cryosleeper over their planet? I've got one but when I confirm the order to park it, it says in orange: " NullPointerException: null " Would someone know how to resolve this issue?

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2022, 09:21:19 AM »

Anyone experiencing an issue where they can't park a cryosleeper over their planet? I've got one but when I confirm the order to park it, it says in orange: " NullPointerException: null " Would someone know how to resolve this issue?

It is unlikely that you would receive help with this problem as most modders disavow BTS as (at the moment) irreparably broken. However if you were to it would probably help for you to post the "starsector.log" file that exists in starsector- core just after the error occurs. This will allow someone to diagnose the issue

SpiderPsycho

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2022, 11:26:37 PM »

It is unlikely that you would receive help with this problem as most modders disavow BTS as (at the moment) irreparably broken. However if you were to it would probably help for you to post the "starsector.log" file that exists in starsector- core just after the error occurs. This will allow someone to diagnose the issue

Ah, right. I've taken a look and I have 3 .log files, starsector.log.1 starsector.log.2 and starsector.log.3 . None of them have a last-edit date for today (when I replicated the issue) so I don't know if they've even got the correct information concerning the problem contained in them. The latest one is starsector.log.1 and it's last edit was the 25th of July 2022. Should I send these anyways?

-------

Edit: I've found a plain starsector.txt file that seems to contain the right stuff. Apparently this is the actual .log file. https://pastebin.com/tNqy86pJ Here's the part which I believe is important.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 11:42:26 PM by SpiderPsycho »

MattyK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2022, 03:49:02 PM »

Have you thought about submitting your mod to the Mod Index? I feel like it'd be a valuable addition there.

I've been struggling to find things to do/explore outside of starting a new game with Augmented Sector, but I feel like this would breathe new depth into the game outside of simple faction warfare and idle attempts at colonization.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2022, 04:29:51 PM »

Have you thought about submitting your mod to the Mod Index? I feel like it'd be a valuable addition there.

I've been struggling to find things to do/explore outside of starting a new game with Augmented Sector, but I feel like this would breathe new depth into the game outside of simple faction warfare and idle attempts at colonization.

it was removed from the mod index because it's more or less a ticking timebomb with the latest update, it will eventually kill your save

puretilt is working on a similar mod called exiled space, it's currently in beta in the unoffical discord (invite link here) & has the benefit of not doing that

MattyK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 03, 2022, 12:45:13 PM »

it was removed from the mod index because it's more or less a ticking timebomb with the latest update, it will eventually kill your save

puretilt is working on a similar mod called exiled space, it's currently in beta in the unoffical discord (invite link here) & has the benefit of not doing that

Good to know, I'll check out the Discord then.

Nameless

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 03, 2022, 09:24:02 PM »

I feel like mod should remove this mod as it is detrimental to the players.

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2022, 04:23:49 AM »

It is a pity that the modification is abandoned, but the game really needs research content - systems / abandoned ships / secret places and other things. There are endless fights for players, but there is no endless exploration.

I really hope that a similar concept (infinite research) will be implemented in another modification.

Droll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2022, 07:53:09 AM »

Where in the discord can I find the beta?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11