Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: New music for Galatia Academy (06/12/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: [0.95a] Beyond The Sector - Endless Randomized Systems  (Read 174223 times)

Nameless

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Beyond The Sector - Endless Randomized Systems
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2022, 08:14:38 AM »

Its also the second time he went MIA for a prolonged period of time. SO chances are this mod is abandoned.

Thorgon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2022, 08:59:41 AM »

I've been playing with this mod for a while and it works fine, if your having crash problems check the log to make sure its not an incompatibility, i had to stop using my courier ports because they were having problems when I generated a random system

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2022, 10:39:16 AM »

I've been playing with this mod for a while and it works fine, if your having crash problems check the log to make sure its not an incompatibility, i had to stop using my courier ports because they were having problems when I generated a random system

It works fine in terms of functionality but the problem is that it doesn't clean up after itself. The systems you visit don't get deleted despite now being inaccessible.

Thorgon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2022, 12:09:09 PM »

It works fine in terms of functionality but the problem is that it doesn't clean up after itself. The systems you visit don't get deleted despite now being inaccessible.
wouldn't that cause slowdown issues? because I haven't had those from this mod

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2022, 12:55:30 PM »

When I play with this mod I don't really go to too many systems so probably doesn't affect me but for a long save it is a consideration, especially since the whole idea of this mod was "endless" exploration. However if you've played with adjusted sector and made the sector big you will notice that such things will cause slowdowns.

There's also the fact that colony income does not work correctly when outside the Persean sector. You don't get money income and custom production glitches and is applied multiple times. I actually decompiled the mod and tried to fix it but to no avail as I have no idea why the monthly report function needs to be redefined and why just calling it doesn't work. Oh and there is a point where the mod calls a remove System function but the intel entry for the gate remains and I can still see the system map so that's not working too.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2022, 01:00:36 PM »

Yes, yes it does.
Namely, a hyperspace slipstream will eventually try to path there and enter an infinite loop, creating the biggest slowdown: A full lockup.

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2022, 01:11:06 PM »

Yes, yes it does.
Namely, a hyperspace slipstream will eventually try to path there and enter an infinite loop, creating the biggest slowdown: A full lockup.

Oh I hadn't even thought of that, so if I wanted to fix it proper I'd have to block slipstream pathing. Somehow.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2022, 01:31:43 PM »

Yeah, no, the issue is that this mod found a way to be non-.95.1 compatible. It should not be used with .95.1. It is not designed with slipstreams in mind. Anyone trying to do a third party update to it will have to figure out a way around that.

playbabeTheBookShelf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2022, 04:52:14 AM »

ok so, I was going back by the gate but the neutron star push me away so the mod think i already go back to main sector.
This cause me to be able to warp out the system. and it revealing that all my previous random generated star is still exist.

So I assumed this could relate to issue other are having when generate too much system. (0.95.1a)

https://youtu.be/kyZCTK2eDCM

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2022, 06:13:49 AM »

I've been told that this mod bricks saves but I've had it installed for a while, but haven't actually used the gate mechanics yet. Should I uninstall it then? Will it break my save if I remove it?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2022, 06:37:44 AM »

I've been told that this mod bricks saves but I've had it installed for a while, but haven't actually used the gate mechanics yet. Should I uninstall it then? Will it break my save if I remove it?
Uninstalling it will also brick your save.
You might be lucky if you don't generate any new systems though.

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 06, 2022, 01:57:52 PM »

I think I might be quite lucky because I've never had issues with saves being bricked and I've actually used the gates to generate new systems but maybe its a combination of adjusted sector (bigger sector maybe stops the slipstream problem?) and not playing one save for super long that saved me.

Right now I'm not using it though.

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2022, 02:01:14 PM »

ok so, I was going back by the gate but the neutron star push me away so the mod think i already go back to main sector.
This cause me to be able to warp out the system. and it revealing that all my previous random generated star is still exist.

So I assumed this could relate to issue other are having when generate too much system. (0.95.1a)

https://youtu.be/kyZCTK2eDCM

I've had this too. Neutron stars are quite dangerous in this mod even at the best of times. What happens is that if you get pushed while traversing the return gate, the mod thinks that your transit was successful and the return gate actually turns into a normal gate, and because the system is impossibly far away you cannot without console commands return to the Persean sector.

Celepito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2022, 07:02:12 AM »

Wouldnt that "just" require a reload? Or is the system determined some time before, and reloading wouldnt help, cause the slipstream will just try to path there again when you reach that point in time?

Garessta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2022, 02:51:34 AM »

I also met a bug (and right in the first system I entered)
i got an income report and it was 0$. flat zero
no colonies, no crew, the income tab was empty
i also got no actual credit change
have no idea why's all that...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11