Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: [0.95a] Beyond The Sector - Endless Randomized Systems  (Read 170972 times)

Sincronic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Beyond The Sector - Endless Randomized Systems
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2022, 02:37:37 PM »

That's literally the only way you can fix the freeze, by alt+f4-ing the game and restarting :) so yeah we tried that
(the fps drop happens to us too, after about 2h of gameplay, less if exceed vram limit)

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2022, 02:40:28 PM »

That's literally the only way you can fix the freeze, by alt+f4-ing the game and restarting :) so yeah we tried that
(the fps drop happens to us too, after about 2h of gameplay, less if exceed vram limit)

How many of these extra systems do you reckon you and/or your friend generated before the freezes became debilitating?

Sincronic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2022, 05:30:37 PM »

Friend had after one, for me it was from 5 to like 30 i'd say

Alex_Sans

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2022, 05:31:43 PM »

How many of these extra systems do you reckon you and/or your friend generated before the freezes became debilitating?

I am the friend that Sincronic is talking about. And my answer is one... I entered one system by october if I remember correctly, brought back a cryosleeper from there and made the mistake of saving after parking it in my colony, then the game always froze permanently at Jan 1.

Snosibsnob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2022, 08:26:44 AM »

Hey, is it just me or does anybody else have absolutely no idea on how to place the cryosleeper?

Drunkenslav

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2022, 08:47:33 AM »

Hey mate, you dont need 1000 marines to invade the cryosleeper planet, i had 150, lost 673, and got it, then i just took 2k organs, and 1k marines and i had a net profit of marines, also thanks for including that 2k fuel across the system, i was like OH NO I DIDNT BRING ANY FUEL D:. really helped a bit!

Nitecom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2022, 11:35:36 AM »

Friend and me seem to have the same issue, but we aren't sure 100% it's this mod (more like 98%). I play with nex, he without, and most of our mods are same.

After we unlock the endless systems from gate options, from that point onwards, game will freeze at certain point, on first of january after monthly report for colony, or maybe on 1st of some other month, but it defo happens on january for both of us. If we dont unlock the systems, nothing bad happens. Freeze happens even after reloading game several months backwards, at same point, effectivelly perma screwing your save.

It happened at least on 7 different saves for both of us before we concluded to not unlock the systems, and since then we're fine. Did anyone else experience the same thing? (It worked fine on 0.95a iirc, but after 0.95.1 update no)

p.s. i checked logs, and there is literally never any error or any sort of exception at the break point

I've just ran into the exact same issue, been trying to figure out what's been causing it , no errors in the log but seems that it may be this mod causing it, went through one gate myself and now on the 1st of Jan the game simply freezes, bit annoying as I'm in cycle 238 and was really hoping I wouldn't need to start a new game.

Did you find any workaround to this issue?

Sincronic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2022, 03:00:32 PM »

I've just ran into the exact same issue, been trying to figure out what's been causing it , no errors in the log but seems that it may be this mod causing it, went through one gate myself and now on the 1st of Jan the game simply freezes, bit annoying as I'm in cycle 238 and was really hoping I wouldn't need to start a new game.

Did you find any workaround to this issue?

None unfortunately, I still have the mod on, but I don't use the option on gate to activate endless systems. Lost a couple of saves permanently due to that.

All we can do is sit and wait until it gets an update i guess

Snosibsnob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2022, 04:46:20 PM »

Hey, dk if anybody else is aware, but this mod kinda breaks DIY planet's "Scarred spacer" quest.

Terraforming rigs can spawn in generated systems, making them inaccessible.
I know they are different mods, but they are by the same creator, and other vanilla quests break in a similar manner.

ArteMooNik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2022, 09:56:27 AM »

Hey, dk if anybody else is aware, but this mod kinda breaks DIY planet's "Scarred spacer" quest.

Terraforming rigs can spawn in generated systems, making them inaccessible.
I know they are different mods, but they are by the same creator, and other vanilla quests break in a similar manner.
Nope, i dont have this problem at all. Well, im not using mods feature much

Kebabtschi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2022, 03:47:41 AM »

Is it possible to just delete the whole system after you return? So random Missions ship will not spawn in the new Systems and i'm not sure if i do 100 random Systems, the game could get slower, because the Systems still "run" in the background.

Thanks for the great work :)

MrCordedrex

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2022, 11:07:52 AM »

Is there a way to change the required fuel to open the gate ?

DeCell

• Ensign
  • Fenasi Kerim
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2022, 07:38:05 AM »

So i found where sectors are but i have a question.

Why they are still there and why its so far away?

Wallshrabnic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2022, 05:12:31 AM »

So i found where sectors are but i have a question.

Why they are still there and why its so far away?

Because author didn't make those stars to be deleted

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2022, 10:22:26 AM »

Frankly, this mod should probably be edited to have a warning on the front page.

It can and probably will randomly brick your save, and the author appears to have no intention of fixing it soon, with their last comment in the thread being five months ago despite critical bug reports.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Managers: SMOL & TriOS | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11